Corsair Community

Firmware 2.04, what is new/fixed?

MasterX1995

I never update the keyboard without a changelog. It's always so difficult to post a changelog after a firmware update... Maybe they should add a changelog to the 'FIRMWARE UPDATE' message in the CUE, atleast, I would like that.

Do not update!

If you have your mouse and keyboard connected to USB 3.0. Keyboard went bonkers.

An ow somethingi wrote without itingso you can see yourelf how it is o write on keyboard with the neeeeeeeeeewsoftware.

Got this firmware popup a few days ago. not going to updated yet...

my keyboard works just fine right now, why should I risk breaking it with this new firmware if corsair don't even bother to post a change log?

Lucky you. I really mean it. It is not sarcastic. I wish I was smart enough to read forums before I install "OFFICIAL" and "RELEASED"???? Definately not TESTED firmware update.

I thought it is only problem with cheap gear, that there is no support.

Well, but wait. We didn't gat any support so far either, right?

Lucky you. I really mean it. It is not sarcastic. I wish I was smart enough to read forums before I install "OFFICIAL" and "RELEASED"???? Definately not TESTED firmware update.

I thought it is only problem with cheap gear, that there is no support.

Well, but wait. We didn't gat any support so far either, right?

You must know that we, the customers, need people like you too. Without guys like you we would not have known that there is something wrong with the update! It really sucks that there are people that suffer from this and I'm sure Corsair will fix it.

Btw, I will not update my keyboard because it works great as it is right now. But the strangest part of this update is that there is no changelog what so ever. Is this just an update to brick the devices? So many questions...

I had to downgrade to 1.30 as it was the only firmware file I could find online. After updating to 2.04 my keyboard stopped working while CUE was running and CUE would just launch to a black window and freeze. After downgrading CUE and the keyboard going into a malfunction state I was able to restore the 1.30 firmware and all is well, was even able to update CUE without issues.

Also, the unofficial Mac driver didn't work at all anymore. The keyboard was completely unresponsive while it was running. After quitting CKB it would become responsive, although not nearly as functional.

Because of issues with my mobo asus battery, when I boot up from being switched off I have to press F1 on kb to continue not sure why as I cant seem to get an update for my bios from Asus for some reason.

anyways after pressing the F1 button, it loads up as normal in Win10, since last update of firmware to 2.04, I have to unplug the kb from the 3.0 usb hub and then reconnect it to continue.

any one else having similar problems.

Archived