Corsair Community

Air in CWC100-1001 system

lhyde

I have a problem getting rid of the air in the system. Installed yesterday and carefully followed directions. Saw the colored fluid go from the reservoir to pump inlet and gradually flow thru to the rad. which I had laid flat to allow for complete filling. As the reservoir filled, the fluid was then running down to the CPU block trapping some air ahead of it. I hooked up a spare PS and used that to connect power to the pump and fans. ( didn't want to power the CPU and mobo) The fluid went from clear green to a frothy green when the pump started. Think of a Margarita !! For the past 20 hours it has been pumping with the fill cap off and the case tilted so that the fill hole is at the highest point to bleed off the air bubbles. There is so much pressure that it is producing bubbles like a blender on hi-spd. !! When does this clear up ?? Air in the fluid is not going to dissipate much heat !!

Try turning it off from time to time and let it sit to let the air settle and then power it up again. Do this cycle a few times making sure to kee the res topped off. That should help work the air out.

Thanks ... your suggestion worked. I would run for about 10 seconds and then wait about 3 minutes for the air to accumulate. I also tipped the case to about 45* with the reservoir up and pulled from the case, with the fill hole open and on the high side. This bled the air off very quickly without turning the mixture into a froth. Also shows the reservoir about 1/2 full when it's in that position. I added more fluid while in the tipped up position! When it heats up, I expect it will almost be pressurized !

A pressurized closed loop system is not necessarliy a good thing. Too much pressure and BOOM! Hoses come off, leaks spring up, liquid inside your case getting motherboard, video card and such all wet then frrrzzzzz! And you find yourself building a new system. :bigeyes:

Archived