Corsair Community

k70 mk2 rapidfire low profile question

sdfr

hello guys i was just a few clicks away from buying this keyboard and then i thought i should search a bit more and stumbled across a thread about broken k.70 keycaps. Then i googled this and holy cow the whole internet is full of threads reporting broken keycaps with minimal use. What is going on? how can a 160euro keyboard from a big company be so fragile and bad quality? i wanted to buy my first mechanical keyboard and give more money so it can last me a few years.and corsair keyboards looked really nice but if its about to break on me in 2 months no thanks. I still have my membrane microsoft gaming keyboard which is 10years old with a lot of suffering and i have never removed its keys to clean it thoroughly..the way i cleaned it was by smashing its edges to the desk with the keys facing down and all hair etc dropped down. and guess what it still works like day 1. so my question is, is it worth its price? has the quality of the keycaps been improved? or should i search for another product? and the main problem is that i really liked this one but there are no low profile key caps available for replacement if something breaks :( Edited by sdfr

Whoever is supplying Corsair with keycaps have let the quality go to ****, or they made some bad batches.

so its a no go ...i actually really liked the low profile with speeds because it also had minimal key wooble according to the reviews in comparison with cherry reds. well i guess i ll have to search for something else

so its a no go ...i actually really liked the low profile with speeds because it also had minimal key wooble according to the reviews in comparison with cherry reds. well i guess i ll have to search for something else

I've had my K70 MK.2 Low Profile RapidFire for 6-9 months now and I have yet to break a keycap. Maybe it was an isolated issue?

Also, if you purchase at Best Buy like I did they offer a no-questions-asked 2 year replacement plan that covers everything from failure of the unit to spills and drops etc.

I picked up this keyboard for $100 on sale and the replacement plan was $10. It's a really good keyboard but I have some issues with it.

I don't like the fact that unlike every other Corsair keyboard I've owned (K65 Lux, K70) I can't invert the spacebar this time around, and it feels like a Chinese torture device.

Corsair designed the spacebar so that the alignment faux keys are off center so if you try to invert it the faux alignment keys wont line up with the spacebar. I have no idea why they did this?

The other slight issue I have is the wrist wrest, which could be better. I do, however, have a lot less wrist pain / fatigue because of the low height of the keyboard.

Overall I'm happy with it, I intend to replace the wrist-wrest with an aftermarket one from Glorious: https://www.amazon.com/Glorious-Gaming-Wrist-Pad-Rest/dp/B00V5AXPTW/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2CQOGUIU8IP64&keywords=glorious+wrist+wrest&qid=1564937632&s=gateway&sprefix=xbone+one%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-2

And I put electrical tape on the space bar.

Really nice feel to the keys, especially the actuation distance.