Corsair Community

PC Crashing - DOMINATOR® Platinum 3466Mhz 2 X 16GB

legendryan

Hi all,

Treated myself to some 'DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB DDR4 DRAM 3466MHz C16 Memory Kit'. It came in a 64GB kit but I am only using 2 X 16GB sticks running in dual channel. It was brand new from Corsair and installed this morning. I have an 8400 CPU and a Gigabyte Z370P motherboard.

The PC keeps crashing without using XMP after 15 mins or so of gaming (so running at 2133Mhz). Works for a lot longer without any heavy RAM use.

I can't even get past the BIOS with XMP enabled in both default mode, and in manual mode (entering in the timings, voltages, speeds, etc).

The PC crashes on one of the below faults:

Fault 1 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Fault 2 - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I had some 8GB Fury Hyper X RAM before and the PC never crashed. I appreciate this Dominator RAM is not on the QVL list, but I know many people that have this motherboard with RAM not on the QVL list and theirs work fine (although not quite as premium as the Dominator RAM).

Was wondering if I have set the RAM up incorrectly, the RAM is faulty or if it is true and this RAM is not compatible with the motherboard (even at 2133Mhz).

Thanks all.

Edited by legendryan

I have totally different specs on my system but I also can't get my kit to run at the advertised 3200 BUT I can at least get it to run at 3000. I'm using a 4 stick 32GB kit. Also not on my motherboards QVL.

Was the speed the only thing you changed in the XMP profile?

I'm not even using the XMP (DOCP on AMD boards) profile. I have it on auto and then just manually set the speed to 3000 for the most stability.

I would be a little concerned if the PC is crashing at the default 2133 with auto timings on all other settings. Maybe your board or CPU does not like 16GB sticks. I do not know, but if it is having problems at 2133, then anything else is going to be major trouble. You might consider return options while you have them. The other thing to look at is most boards have a primary set of DRAM slots. It's not always what you think. Check your manual to see the recommendation for 2 modules, although the above errors are not what I would expect. Edited by c-attack
Utterly atrocious grammatical error

Thanks guys.

At the moment I threw my old sticks back in running at 2400 and no issues at all. I think these Dominator sticks just arent compatible with my board. :(

I think selling or return is the only option.

• Corsair Employee

Can you try manually adjusting the RAM timings, voltage, etc? Manufacturers' implementations of XMP aren't always very reliable and sometimes don't make the necessary adjustments for the system to run stably.

Try manually adjusting in BIOS.

DRAM Timings -> Use what's listed on the box

DRAM Clock Speed -> 3466MHz; If the speed selection isn't manual entry and instead a dropdown, you may need to adjust the BCLK multiplier to see this speed which can again be a dropdown or a manual entry.

DRAM Voltage -> 1.35V

Additionally, have you tried different pair combinations from the kit you got?

• 2 weeks later...

what was the point again of buying corsair dominator platinum ram ???

They should work optimally configured from factory, you saying here people need to start fiddling about to find the optimal settings is CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES.

Your marketing works too well compared to actuall products. Quality control got fired ??

I would even state that corsair is slacking and riding along on trust they once build up, but now are leaching off.

Edited by cplifj

• 2 months later...

I am happy, well not happy. But been ripping my hair out the last few months trying to figure this out.

I am having the same troubles as the OP with issues with my DDR4 16gb (2x8gb) Dominator Platinum ram sticks.

I can run the memory sometimes for a day or 2. Then all the sudden have to lower my ram speeds from 1866mhz to 1333 or even sometimes lower.

Reset bios over and over!

Board has memory reset button that sometimes works for me!

Figured I'd just sell and get other memory sticks but would if person has same issues?

Then I'm the bad guy.

Trying to run 2 in dual or single channel and blue screens. Sometimes when just booting into Windows. Sometimes after gaming for a few hours. But no matter what!! !!! Ugh... blue screen!

Sometimes I won't even get BSOD.. will just freeze!

Made sure my timings where correct!

Man.. every little thing I could possibly play with I played with!!

Paid good money for this memory and to just have it doing this in the past couple months is just beyond frustrating!

Since it is summer time I'm not playing my games as much and have laptop that I do all my work on and Desktop is just used for gaming.

Finally I just gave up and now just running 1 stick just fine at any speeds!

Just sucks, have 8gb of memory just laying in my bay on top my computer case! What a great place for it!

I just been playing World of Tanks the past couple years. It's not like it's a demanding game at all either.

Please, Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much for the posting OP, I know now that I'm not going crazy with this memory crapping out on me!

Thanks guys.

At the moment I threw my old sticks back in running at 2400 and no issues at all. I think these Dominator sticks just arent compatible with my board. :(

I think selling or return is the only option.

Do you have any other board to test the dominator sticks in?

Edited by A Computer Guy

I am happy, well not happy. But been ripping my hair out the last few months trying to figure this out.

I am having the same troubles as the OP with issues with my DDR4 16gb (2x8gb) Dominator Platinum ram sticks.

I can run the memory sometimes for a day or 2. Then all the sudden have to lower my ram speeds from 1866mhz to 1333 or even sometimes lower.

Reset bios over and over!

Board has memory reset button that sometimes works for me!

Figured I'd just sell and get other memory sticks but would if person has same issues?

Then I'm the bad guy.

Trying to run 2 in dual or single channel and blue screens. Sometimes when just booting into Windows. Sometimes after gaming for a few hours. But no matter what!! !!! Ugh... blue screen!

Sometimes I won't even get BSOD.. will just freeze!

Made sure my timings where correct!

Man.. every little thing I could possibly play with I played with!!

Paid good money for this memory and to just have it doing this in the past couple months is just beyond frustrating!

Since it is summer time I'm not playing my games as much and have laptop that I do all my work on and Desktop is just used for gaming.

Finally I just gave up and now just running 1 stick just fine at any speeds!

Just sucks, have 8gb of memory just laying in my bay on top my computer case! What a great place for it!

I just been playing World of Tanks the past couple years. It's not like it's a demanding game at all either.

Please, Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much for the posting OP, I know now that I'm not going crazy with this memory crapping out on me!

Have you tried running that single stick in each memory slot? I read somewhere on the forum a person had issues with a defective ram slot.

Have you run memtest86, seen reported errors, then attempted to loosen timings a bit or adjust voltages (within reason) to see if you get better stability?

Have you tried running that single stick in each memory slot? I read somewhere on the forum a person had issues with a defective ram slot.

Have you run memtest86, seen reported errors, then attempted to loosen timings a bit or adjust voltages (within reason) to see if you get better stability?

Oh yeah, each stick is fine all by itself in what ever sllot.. Yeah, I've played around with ever angle I could with this lol

Thanks man!

Oh yeah, each stick is fine all by itself in what ever sllot.. Yeah, I've played around with ever angle I could with this lol

Thanks man!

You have a k series processor, if I recall correctly those models allow overclocking. Did you previously apply a CPU overclock and have you tried removing any CPU overclock in your troubleshooting efforts?