Corsair Community

Differences between the Vengeance and H1500 headsets

greyze

I'm struggling to find the actual differences (if there are any) between a few headsets.

Currently I have a Corsair HS1 USB headset, which is done me wonders for years, but due to wear and tear I was thinking of upgrading.

Can anyone tell me, or point me to a table/list etc. Of the actual differences between the:

Corsair HS1 USB Headset, Vengeance 1500, Vengeance 1500 (V2), Corsair Gaming H1500 Headset (latest model).

So far all I've found on the internet and Corsairs own website is that the technology in the HS1 USB is exactly the same as the one found in the other 3 headsets. And the only differences in these models in the past few years is the redesign and the physical material of the headset. If there is no sound quality difference in upgrading my HS1 because the newer models are the same, can someone recommend me alternative headsets? The main thing I'm aiming for at the moment is bass, as my HS1's have basically none.

Thanks,

S

It seems that another difference is the latest headset drivers for vengeance will not work with my HS1, apparently compatibility was dropped in newer versions.

Anyone know why? just a marketing thing or is there an actual difference between my HS1 vs the newer models? I guess that just brings me back to my original question..

I'd love a Dev to answer this at least.

I cannot find the specs for the older headsets but the difference between the V1500 V2 and H1500 would be just the design and the ear pad material used on the Corsair Gaming branded headsets.

The HS1's successor is the V1500, now replaced with V2. I don't think Corsair would choose to still support a discontinued product in the latest drivers when it has been discontinued a while back.

• 2 years later...

they sound different, i don't know how to explain it, discord voices are louder on the h1500, but game sounds are better on the vengeance 1500, really weird, also the h1500 ear pads suck *** if you have any stubble on your face. also vengeance ear pads are far more comfortable and muuuuuuch larger if you have larger ears. I use the vengeance muffs on the h1500 but actually considering going back to the vengeance and just fixating the mic in place as its way better.

overall build quality, never touch corsair after they came out with this gaming trash lineup

Archived