Corsair Community

Can't move Corsair Link window to 2nd monitor

Bill Bentgen

I have 3 monitors configured as one 5760 x 1080 workspace with NVIDIA surround for gaming and a 4th monitor above them. I open Corsair Link software on my main 3-monitor workspace and can't move it to the 4th monitor. I can drag it there, but it snaps back when I release the mouse. All other software I use will stay on the 4th monitor. I had hoped to watch temps on Corsair Link while I was gaming. Am I missing something?

I too have NVIDIA Driver 368.22 and CL 4.2.3.41 and it works fine on this W7 system with 4 x GTX 980. There was an issue that was fixed in 4.2.1.42.

What are your screen coordinates and which screens have the issue? I have as below. The total width is 8640 and the maximum height is 1600.

I have just managed to recreate your issue by moving #3 above #2 such that it had -ve Y coordinates. Clearly Corsair did not properly test the fix that is in 4.2.1.42 with -ve Y. Their testing is really rather pathetic :asskick:!

attachment.php?attachmentid=25455&stc=1&d=1464283371

345069761_DisplayScreenResolution.png.03f212dc7d7eef0cc3f48f25156f75bb.png

Edited by red-ray
managed to recreate issue

I'll wait for 4.2.1.43. :-)

No, 4.2.1.43 should have fixed this, but it did not, Corsair messed up :(:

It may get fixed in a future CL release, but only Corsair can say if it will.

I assume you have worked out you could move your 4th monitor to +ve Y to circumvent the issue.

Am I missing something?

Given you are 8 x Seagate Barracuda ST2000Dm001 in RAID 5 yes, CL4 does not display their temperatures. Please ask for this to be fixed as I have, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=851742.

Edited by red-ray

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On a slightly unrelated issue, I recently had a 2 Tb M001 drive die (I thought through getting hot) then a 3 Tb M001 drive died as well. After some research I discovered that the M001 drives have a 32% or 38% failure rate, so I would advise you to keep an eye on your Smart monitoring software. This was followed soon after by a 3Tb M001 drive, Edited by snapper69

• 5 months later...
I have just checked and CL 4.3.0.154 still has this issue.

As Corsair lack professional diligence there is no list of outstanding known issues, so I don't know if Corsair know of this issue.

Agreed, it's STILL an issue in v4.5.0.55 (I have dual monitor setup on a vertical stand)

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't get why Corsair don't fix this, it can't be more then a 4 line change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All! New to posting on Forum. I have been an avid digester of this Forum Since I Picked up My Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard late Last year. Before that the last time I owned Corsair was way back in the days of DDR1, I owned a set of 1GB (Remember how That was huge back then) Dual Channel Kit For My Athlon64, and I remember Loving that ram then, I think it's still alive in storage somewhere til this day. Anyways, it's been a while since as had picked up Corsair anything until this Keyboard, and I was so damn impressed that I decided it was time to pick up some Corsair for my next set of upgrades for my Aging FX Build. So when the time came, I upgraded to a Corsair RM1000i power supply, a Corsair h100i v2 to replace my air cooling, a Link Commander Pro so I could control my 13 Fans in system in one place, and just because I just added a Lighting Node Pro to brighten things up a bit! And I love it all!

And now to the point. I didn't realize this would be a problem until now, I had been using Speed fan and HWMonitor on my Bottom Screen to Monitor Temps, Speeds, and Voltages, but now that I have switched to do it all with Corsair Link, I have ran into the same problem the people on this forum have been running into for over a year now. Link refuses to be placed on my Bottom secondary Monitor, which is am issue for Monitoring Temps while working or gaming on the top screen. I am on the newest Version of Link which is 4.7.0.77 as of now.

Anyone have any ideas of a temporary solution to the problem (other then having to place my monitor to the left of right in control panel)?

Also it would be nice if Corsair corrected this oversight. I am going to submit a ticket, maybe once they get enough they might decide to take a look. Thank you guys, sorry to make my first post so long.

Matt

Anyone have any ideas of a temporary solution to the problem (other then having to place my monitor to the left of right in control panel)?

Last time I checked the issue was with -ve Y and all you can do is make sure the screen you wish to use does not have -ve Y.

It's also a PITA what CL4 fails to remember the position and size of the CL4 screen so you may also like to ask Corsair to fix this.

Hello!

I also have this issue. Cant Move the Windows with the Mouse, but works fine with "Windows+Shift+Arrows"

I could not get "Windows+Shift+Arrows" to work on W7, but Alt+Space then selecting Move did :biggrin:.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...