Corsair Community

Backup iCEU Settings

Pocah

This morning I powered up my PC and it was making a horrible helicopter noise! After a few minutes of thinking it was someone cutting their lawn I finally realised it was all my fans acting strangely. It seems iCEU had sort of lost it's configuration. After a while setting it all back up, I was just wondering .. how do I backup the settings?

It's an idea by the way to add backup and restore buttons to the iCEU?

Yes. You can find every profile and config in this Folder

C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE\

I strongly recommend to make a backup every now and then, especially before updating to a new iCUE version. Sometimes something is not working properly on new versions and you have to roll back, and then your config/profiles are lost due to them not being backwards compatible most of the time once they've been updated to a new version.

...especially before updating to a new iCUE version. Sometimes something is not working properly on new versions and you have to roll back, and then your config/profiles are lost due to them not being backwards compatible most of the time once they've been updated to a new version.

Definitely the above. I've been burned several times on this. Now I keep a backup folder with each iCUE version. You should also do this before uninstalling the software or any major Windows upgrade (like 1903). Make sure iCUE is not running when you drop the Corsair/iCUE folder back into the App Data/Roaming location. Then start it normally. This will save all of your settings, profiles, etc.

*Which version of iCUE were you running when this happened? This sounds like the "fan curve reset" bug where only the fan curves are dropped and everything resets to Quiet (default) on a Commander Pro.