Corsair Community

So this just happened...

Ticaliano

I was right in the middle of repositioning my AIO H110i GTX to make way for my RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin Edition when, all of a sudden, one of the hoses connected to the radiator literally snapped right out of place and leaked all over the inside of my case!

Thankfully my Kingpin hasn't been installed yet, but my motherboard, RAM and Zotac 980 Ti Amp Extreme were. :(:

aeHNWAE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

In my time owning this cooler I've very seldom even touched it. I'm absolutely meticulous with ALL of my tech gear and never did anything out of the ordinary for this to happen.

Additionally, some of the coolant got on my skin. I immediately went to rinse it off, but I'm a little concerned if there might have been anything toxic in the liquid solution that I should be concerned with? In the morning, I have to go back downstairs to clean up this whole mess and hope none of my components (or myself, for that matter) were damaged.

What a disaster. What a headache. What a disappointment. :(:

I also forgot to mention this unit is barely 3 years old and was purchased from Newegg in January of 2016.

Am I still even under warranty? What if my parts have been damaged from the liquid? I'm not really sure what to do next. This sucks. :(:

Your skin will be fine. It's just water with some salts and a trace amount of anti-microbial that likely doesn't really exist after three years anyway. As for the rest, take a lot pictures of all your gear, assess any damage, and then contact Corsair directly through the Support Ticket System in header at the top of the page. You should be able to download a copy of the purchase invoice from Newegg. You will need to upload that to establish the warranty start period. The cooler replacement is easy. If there is damage to other components, that is something that will require more documentation and thus the reason to take the pictures now. You don't need to flood the initial ticket with them and the agent should tell you what they need.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear this happened. As c-attack mention, get a ticket open with our support team and we can further assist you. Please feel free to PM me your ticket so I can request one of our team members to assist ASAP.

Thank you, c-attack and Corsair Jam. I've submitted a ticket this morning and now wait to see what to do next. I don't know the extent of any potential damage because I have to first get my hands on a CPU heatsink/fan in order to turn the system on.

I guess the one positive in all of this was the system wasn't powered on when the hose snapped. Can the components still get damaged even though the liquid touched everything inside while the system was off?

I have to be honest - I was expecting so much more from Corsair's customer support than what I have experienced so far. I went and created the support ticket, supplied all pertinent receipts, images, even links to this thread, and the whole process feels like it's moving at a snail's pace. COmmunications have slowed to a crawl and I feel like there's no urgency at all from Corsair to help me resolve this situation, and that's extremely disappointing, especially when considering how much I've supported them over the years with countless purchases.

I really thought this whole fiasco would have been handled in a different manner.

Thanks, logandzwon.

I didn't know whether or not to touch anything or just mail the parts "as-is" over to Corsair for evaluation, so everything (the components) is still basically as it was the night this happened.

Even if I was allowed to or wanted to, I can't power on my system right now because I don't have access to the original stock Intel HS/fan.

And to be completely honest, I feel like I've already been inconvenienced enough at this point, having endured a significant hardware malfunction which has kept me off of my desktop PC for over a week. Everything I do on a daily basis runs through that PC, not just fun and games. I'm working on a spare laptop for the time being, but I need my desktop back as soon as possible.

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask for the hose to snap and watch as the liquid poured out all over my components, and I shouldn't have to start shopping around for "a tempory solution" before Corsair decides they're finally ready to send me a replacement AIO. At the very least, I should have been offered an advance replacement, where they hold my credit card for the value of the item and send something out ASAP.

It's also pretty amazing to me that I've had more feedback, communication and empathy from the community than the official support channels. I finally called today to see what the hold up was all about and I had the privilege of talking to some snarky rude individual who sounded like I was annoying him with my questions and complaints. I guess that's the thanks you receive after spending thousands on Corsair products over the years and have online "Save For Later" shopping lists filled with even more Corsair merchandise.

I5hzmlI.png

Maybe it's time to pump the brakes. Any company can take your money, willingly and with ease. The true test and measurement of their integrity and quality is judged in times like this.

• Corsair Employee
I have to be honest - I was expecting so much more from Corsair's customer support than what I have experienced so far. I went and created the support ticket, supplied all pertinent receipts, images, even links to this thread, and the whole process feels like it's moving at a snail's pace. COmmunications have slowed to a crawl and I feel like there's no urgency at all from Corsair to help me resolve this situation, and that's extremely disappointing, especially when considering how much I've supported them over the years with countless purchases.

I really thought this whole fiasco would have been handled in a different manner.

I do apologize for the delay. Can you shoot me a message with your ticket number? I can further investigate what's going on.