Corsair Community

What is this product?

Emerosk

This will be probably the last thread ill write in this forum or to Corsair in my life.

I bought a Corsair K70 RGB keyboard red cherry almost 3 years ago.

A friend of mine traveled to USA and i ask him to bring it to me. (im from Argentina)

All was working fine till the 3rd or 4th week.

The keyboard just started ghost-typing on some keys like crazy, to the point its was imposible to write properly.

Then another one: The board started reconecting whenever it pleased.

Finally the cherry on top: The CUE software. Unresponsive, sometimes just stopped working and it made the previous problems worse.

I contacted Corsair, hopping for a fix,

the answer was "send us back". This is not posibble for me. Not only my country has serious problems with mail and customs, but also paying to send this heavy keyboard would turn out to be more expensive than buying a new one.

So i asked several technicians, some dont know whats worng with it and others told me its probably something related to the firmware.

I googled it, LOTS of other people with the same problems, no fixes.

I tried it all:

- updates

- reinstalling

- cleaning

- changing usb ports

- possible software issues

I asked Corsair again, got the same answer.

I came here with my last hope and ask:

IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR MY SITUATION? or ill have to deal with the fact that i bought the most expensive paperweight of my life? :sigh!:

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

You've had a keyboard for 3 years? Our warranty on keyboards are only 2 years. Do you know who you've contacted in regards to this and asking you to send us the keyboard? If you would like to not call out the agent who helped you on here you can send be a PM.

I am not sure why the agent would recommend you send in your item when it isn't in warranty, but if they did I would like to read what they wrote if there was an exception regarding this.

I dont know who he/she was, lot of time went by while waiting for a firmware or software solution

It most probably was on warranty when first told me, but the problem when asking that is

Not only my country has serious problems with mail and customs, but also paying to send this heavy keyboard would turn out to be more expensive than buying a new one.

I still hope this has something to do with the mediocre firmware and software, so i can finally get it to work properly, cause i dont think Corsair would take any responsability for all shipping costs involved (now or 2+ years ago)

Before you ask, no, it has nothing to do with my PC, as other brands (mouse and keyboards) work perfectly fine.:sigh!:

My Strafe keyboard lost its mind a few months ago. It started spamming buttons that weren't being pressed (even sent a few things to the recycle bin for me).

Disconnected it and reconnected it and the system stopped detecting it at all. It wouldn't even light up.

I was able to fix it by going through the steps to do a hard reset, minus the part about replacing the file when it shows up as a storage device, since the support team didn't seemingly want to just send it out right away for some reason.

Once I plugged it back in after the pseudo hard reset, the system detected it and I was able to quickly force a firmware update on it with CUE. So far, so good...

My Strafe keyboard lost its mind a few months ago. It started spamming buttons that weren't being pressed (even sent a few things to the recycle bin for me).

Disconnected it and reconnected it and the system stopped detecting it at all. It wouldn't even light up.

I was able to fix it by going through the steps to do a hard reset, minus the part about replacing the file when it shows up as a storage device, since the support team didn't seemingly want to just send it out right away for some reason.

Once I plugged it back in after the pseudo hard reset, the system detected it and I was able to quickly force a firmware update on it with CUE. So far, so good...

I tried doing the Hard reset (the thing with the little hole behind)

If i conect 1 USB the pc doesnt recognize it at all, if i connect the 2 of them, it just connects normally (and yes, im presing the little button inside with a clip while i connect them)...........so basically i cant do it...or i dont know what im doing wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are unwilling to mail it back for RMA service, what is the point of continuing the discussion? If you can't, sell it off and buy another brand and leave in peace.

This type of answers are not made to help, are made to piss people off.

Basically you re saying the only solution Corsair offers is "spend more money"

Why the hell should i?

I bought something from the other side of the globe expecting to work as intended and when it doesnt "try another one"? What guarantees me the next one wont have the same problem because it comes from something like failing software or firmware the admins in this page are too lazy to care help me with?????? Let me guess: "SPEND MORE MONEY".

Is this a joke??

Why im being ignored here? :mad:

I even asked for the HARD RESET option, that i wasnt able to pull off. But no one answered that one either. :sigh!:

When you find the electronics company that offers global paid door to door replacement service, let us know. You can pick yourself up a nice Sony XBR-77A9G for about 50x times the price of a K70 RGB. It comes with a 1 year warranty and you still have to deliver it to Sony if something goes wrong. If you want to complain about the general warranty policy of the electronics industry in general, there probably is a place for that and a lot of people will happily agree with you. However, expecting manufacturers to step in and supplement your national mail system and alter world currency and shipping rates to make it cheaper on you seems to be stretching things a bit far. The above example of a 3 year warranty on a computer keyboard isn't going to be compelling.

This is the User Forums. We are just other people with the products. You were talking to Corsair Technical Support. Did you inform them you were having trouble with the hard reset? The details are listed here and I am sure you have already seen this. So aside from one of us coming over to your house and attempting to do it, I am not sure what you expect. Oh, and if you thought mailing the keyboard was expensive, you won't like my international service call rates.

Your guarantee is the warranty and that was three years ago. How long should it be? A 10 year guarantee? 20? Your post above is juvenile and uninformed. Where you live is where you live and no one is responsible for that but you. It seems like your best option is to continue to try and perform a hard reset. If you are having trouble holding the paper clip and inserting the USB plugs at the same time, see if can get a friend to help. "Basically I can't do it..." does not really lend itself to pointed advice, aside from the suggestion to get an extra pair of hands.

Edited by c-attack

When you find the electronics company that offers global paid door to door replacement service, let us know. You can pick yourself up a nice Sony XBR-77A9G for about 50x times the price of a K70 RGB. It comes with a 1 year warranty and you still have to deliver it to Sony if something goes wrong. If you want to complain about the general warranty policy of the electronics industry in general, there probably is a place for that and a lot of people will happily agree with you. However, expecting manufacturers to step in and supplement your national mail system and alter world currency and shipping rates to make it cheaper on you seems to be stretching things a bit far. The above example of a 3 year warranty on a computer keyboard isn't going to be compelling.

This is the User Forums. We are just other people with the products. You were talking to Corsair Technical Support. Did you inform them you were having trouble with the hard reset? The details are listed here and I am sure you have already seen this. So aside from one of us coming over to your house and attempting to do it, I am not sure what you expect. Oh, and if you thought mailing the keyboard was expensive, you won't like my international service call rates.

Your guarantee is the warranty and that was three years ago. How long should it be? A 10 year guarantee? 20? Your post above is juvenile and uninformed. Where you live is where you live and no one is responsible for that but you. It seems like your best option is to continue to try and perform a hard reset. If you are having trouble holding the paper clip and inserting the USB plugs at the same time, see if can get a friend to help. "Basically I can't do it..." does not really lend itself to pointed advice, aside from the suggestion to get an extra pair of hands.

I knew all of this from day 1. please dont spoil my thread with these kind of posts. It just drifts away from its original purpose.

I was clear: I WANT A FIRMWARE OR SOFTWARE SOLUTION.

Im not the only one with this problem if you look it up in the internet.

Could very please a staff member step in????

I only see 7 posts of complaining and clearly is your original purpose. You were in contact with Corsair Tech Support. They offered a solution. You were unable to implement it. This is the User Forums. If you want to talk to Corsair, resume your conversation with Tech Support.

What is it you think we can do for you?

I only see 7 posts of complaining and clearly is your original purpose. You were in contact with Corsair Tech Support. They offered a solution. You were unable to implement it. This is the User Forums. If you want to talk to Corsair, resume your conversation with Tech Support.

What is it you think we can do for you?

I think he's venting over the fact that Corsair won't give him pre-paid shipping for his cross-country RMA.

My intention (because you clearly see what you wanna see) is reach for more people with this problem and see if they did something specific to fix it. Or even better, some help from the staff.

If this problem doesnt affect you......why come specifically to mock me??

not offering any help, but just trying to make me look bad so i dont get any response? is that it? what do you get by doing this? :sigh!:

I tried doing the Hard reset (the thing with the little hole behind)

If i conect 1 USB the pc doesnt recognize it at all, if i connect the 2 of them, it just connects normally (and yes, im presing the little button inside with a clip while i connect them)...........so basically i cant do it...or i dont know what im doing wrong.

1 week........

No more Responses.

3 weeks....

Flat out ignoring me.

This is the User Forums. We are just other people with the products. You were talking to Corsair Technical Support. Did you inform them you were having trouble with the hard reset? The details are listed here and I am sure you have already seen this. So aside from one of us coming over to your house and attempting to do it, I am not sure what you expect.

Get someone to help you do the hard reset. That is the firmware fix. If that does not do it, then I am not sure what else can be done. This is not a software issue. It is either hardware or firmware. If the firmware reset does not work, then that is likely the end of the line for troubleshooting.