Corsair Community

LL140 RGB Stays on When CPU is Off

Phertoros

I recently installed a Commander Pro with 4 LL140 RGB fans and now when I shut the system down all the RGBs stay on. The weird thing is when I unplug the second cable on my K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard the RGBs turn off. I have verified that I have the latest firmware for all of my devices. Any ideas of what could be causing this or how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

We see this from time to time and it's something of a mystery. For some reason, your PSU is supplying power to the Commander Pro - that's the only thing that can be happening. The Commander Pro doesn't receive a power down signal per se ... it should just have the power cut when you shut down. That is not happening, at least not on the +5V rail.

You may want to investigate the mobo BIOS. Some BIOS have features that will keep a number of USB live to charge devices when the system is off. I run a ASUS ROG and had to disable the option to keep my headset from saying powered on when the system was off due to the USB port used.

You may want to investigate the mobo BIOS. Some BIOS have features that will keep a number of USB live to charge devices when the system is off. I run a ASUS ROG and had to disable the option to keep my headset from saying powered on when the system was off due to the USB port used.

yes. can confirm this happens with my Asus ROG mobo...

Edit

but.. his should be on an internal header which shouldn't be a part of that 'feature'

Edited by Zotty