Corsair Community

CPU connections for multiple Corsair water coolers

digitalformula

Hi everyone,

I'm using an Asus Z270F Gaming motherboard and have an MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Sea Hawk X GPU - it is one of the AIO models with a Corsair Hydro water cooler preinstalled. CPU is cooled by a Corsair H110i AIO.

The Z270F has an AIO_PUMP, H_AMP_FAN, CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT plus a couple of CHA_FAN_x headers - I'm struggling to figure out the best way to connect everything in this setup.

Because both water coolers have fan connections, does it if the CPU or GPU cooler is connected to AIO_PUMP? They're both AIO after all. Or, if not, should a specific one be connected to AIO_PUMP and the other somewhere else?

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to connect everything? I want to setup a quiet-ish setup (silence isn't a requirement) but using Corsair Link + AI FanXpert 4 to enable things like auto fan stop means the case fans stop spinning and a ton of heat comes out the back of the case (where the GPU radiator and fan are mounted).

Thanks!

The sensible choice is H110i -> CPU_FAN and GPU Cooler -> AIO_PUMP.

Running CL4 (Corsair Link) and ASUS AI FanXpert 4 at the same time is asking for issues as ASUS fail to use the locks :(:, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=901246 and follow the links.

I recommend you get a CLCP and use that to control the fans and this will also allow the case fan speed to be controlled by the H110i coolant temperature.

The sensible choice is H110i -> CPU_FAN and GPU Cooler -> AIO_PUMP.

Running CL4 (Corsair Link) and ASUS AI FanXpert 4 at the same time is asking for issues as ASUS fail to use the locks :(:, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=901246 and follow the links.

I recommend you get a CLCP and use that to control the fans and this will also allow the case fan speed to be controlled by the H110i coolant temperature.

Great! Thanks for the super fast reply (and apologies for my slow response).

Good to know as I already have everything connected that way. :)

I understand the CL4 + AI FanXpert 4 thing - thanks for confirming it. I already have the Corsair Lighting Node Pro and 6x HD120 fans so your suggestion of using the CLCP is a good one. The only reason I don't have CLCP, yet, is because they're never in stock here (they are now, weirdly).

Thanks again!

Archived