Corsair Community

SF750 Fan never spin

goldern

I have a system with an overclocked I9 9900k at 5ghz all cores, 1.3v vCore and an overclocked GTX 1060, +200 MHz core clock and +600 MHZ memory clock.

But even at 100% CPU and GPU utilization in synthetic benchmarks, the SF750 fan doesn't even move.

Is there something wrong with my power supply? It remains most of the time the same temperature as the CPU (40ºC - 60ºC) and even when it's at 70ºC-80ºC the fan remains offline.

• Corsair Employee
Is there something wrong with my power supply? It remains most of the time the same temperature as the CPU (40ºC - 60ºC) and even when it's at 70ºC-80ºC the fan remains offline.

How are you measuring the PSU temperature? The PSU has no reporting. Or are you using a FLIR or something?

Same issue here, Ryzen 3950x and Radeon 5700XT.

48c idle outer temp

54-58c idle inner temp

55-60c load outer temp

65-75c load inner temp

I will note that the fan makes an effort to spin on system power on, but i haven't seen it on past that point and it doesnt really fully spin up, just a few revolutions then done

Temp checking done with IR thermometer, in addition to its probe attachment and been tested against other temperature tools for 3-5f range of accuracy at tested range.