Corsair Community

Control H115i from MB instead of Corsair Link

aL_eX

I am currently controlling the fans on the H115i radiator through Corsair Link. I would prefer to use the BIOS to control fan speed, as CL doesn't launch on startup, and it constantly uses about ~1-2% of the CPU.

My motherboard is the ASUS Strix X99 Gaming. At the top of the board it has three connectors: W_PUMP, CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. Can I just connect all the cables on the the H115i into these connectors and have the SATA power cable go to the PSU?

Thanks in advance.

I have an H110i GT and the pump connector (single wire) is connected to the W_Pump header and the fans are connected to the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers with the SATA connection to a SATA cable. If you use Link to set the pump speed (quiet or Performance) and the LED colour, you can then uses Asus fan software to control the fans, just make sure that the pump is set to run at 100%. You can also use it to control your case fans, but don't be tempted by the facility to switch them off below a certain temp, I did and 2 of my hard drives packed up. When I took them out they were hot, whether it was that that caused their demise or the fact that they were Seagate M001 series drives, which apparently have a 38% failure rate, I don't know. Either way I now run my front case fans at a lowish speed, a compromise between cooling and noise.

The problem now is that the CPU fans ramp up to max RPM when turning on the computer. The problem is that they stay that way until I launch AI Suite III and manually set the fan profile to a custom one I created. Is there any way to fix this or should I just revert to the old method of using Corsair Link?

The answer to your first question is no, not as far as I have seen, quiet is quite adequate.

On my system, Fan Xpert is set to auto run on startup, the fans run for 2 to 3 seconds at full speed on booting and then settle down, but they do that on all systems until the Bios kicks in. Never having had this happen, I'm not sure what is causing it. I don't have access to my computer at the moment (I'm at work) but I will have a look later.

Archived