Corsair Community

Far Cry 5 and Metro Exodus without Fan-Lightning

M.C.

With the internal SDK - gaming profiles I only have QL fans (QL 120 RGB) illuminated at "The Division 2" (ok, in the game there is no fan-lightning, too). With "Far Cry 5" and "Metro Exodus" only the LED-stripes and the RAM light up, but the fan-lighting does not work, as in the Corsair advertising videos.

I uninstalled iCUE with the RevoUninstaller and reinstalled it after a restart. SDK is activated (ICUE-options).

iCUE is the newest version (3.30.97).

How can I light up the fans of the two games mentioned?

Edited by M.C.

near as I can figure, because Corsair's ecosystem (product line) keeps growing, they likely programmed these profiles in icue before some of these products even existed. You may need to forcefully support them. I cannot confirm this as I uninstalled exodus the other day and FarCry5 to free up some disk space but I think I had free weekend only on division 2 and I dont have those fans despite having a lot of corsair gear, but my diagnosis method would be to import the offending profiles from somewhere like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects\TheDivision2\DIV2_Bleed.cueprofile" and see if it shows the fans lit up? If it does not, and this is the part that is a pain, you might need to add to the QL fans the same effect(s) and timing, to each profile, then export them to another folder temporarily using icue's export functionality.

Then you could in explorer, elevated permissions, create a backup of the game you are editing, so C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects\TheDivision2\ could be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects\TheDivision2BACKUP\

and you could copy the recently re exported profiles where you added the QL fans to C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\GameSdkEffects\TheDivision2\

I only suspect this is the issue as Metro Exodus according to google was released February 15, 2019 whereas i am seeing the QL fans as sometime in November. Its really impossible to ask the developer on either end to know ahead of time what the other team is doing, so I understand the missing profiles. Might be nice if corsair has the time to try and in-fill some of these in future software releases and same on the third party end, they could do some follow up and make sure things still look brilliant. Just my two cents, but I know how it goes.

Thank you for the very detailed answer. I also had the idea that the SL-fans are still too new and are therefore not included in the internal profiles. On the other hand, the Corsair website uses ICUE to advertise the lighting effects.

Corsair should definitely improve his profile, because these effects shown on the website were the reason for me to switch to Corsair in the first place. Due to the lack of knowledge of how it works, I couldn't know that the internal profiles would not work with the SL-fans.

The fans light up after importing the proposed Division 2 profile. But Division 2 was not the problem, the SL-fans are lit here (except that in the game itself, if you walk through the area, nothing or little happens to the lighting).

Far Cry 5 or Exodus profiles, on the other hand, have no fan lighting after an import.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to add SL-fans (with the same effects and they are script controlled?). I will probably wait and hope. Thanks again for that.

Edited by M.C.