Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB using 3.5mm jack and type-c connection at the same time?

RustyBender

I got my Virtuoso delivered today so I can upgrade from my HyperX headset. I'm a big fan of them so far but I ran into an issue. I've been using external dac forever so I can adjust volume, treble and bass on the fly depending on what I'm doing (watching movies, playing music, playing games ect) which means I have to use the 3.5mm jack but I still want to keep the ability to sync my other Corsair devices with ICUE and still have the ability to toggle sorround and use sidetone.

What I'm asking is, is it possible to output sound via 3.5mm jack while having it connected via USB so you can still use ICUE?

What I tried so far is just plugging in 3.5mm jack and playing a song, then connecting the USB connection but it just cuts the audio from the jack and starts playing it thru the USB connection, any way to bypass this?

Edited by RustyBender

I was able to figure out the solution myself, I will post it just incase someone in the future runs into the same issue, what I did as follows:

1. Make sure the dac is plugged in to ur pc and everything is setup

2. Plug in the usb connection to Virtuoso and change windows output to Corsair Virtuoso which is the wired connection

3. Plug in the jack to Virtuoso and the dac

4. Change the windows output to your dac (this will break voice promots, to fix this, do this extra step, if you have voice prompts disabled, ignore this step)

5. Switch output from dac to wired connection and then back to dac (for some reason this fixes the voice prompts.