Corsair Community

4000D custom casemod by p0Pe

• Corsair Employee

For the launch of our 4000D-series we worked with modders to put their personal touch on it. One of those are our own CORSAIR employee Hans Peder "p0Pe" Sahl who made this casemod with these beautiful straight lines. Check out these photos and comment what you think!

Check out all four builds on our landing-page here!

[ame]

[/ame]

Hardware specification:

CASE: CORSAIR 4000D Airflow

MOBO: GIGABYTE X299 AORUS MASTER

CPU: Intel Core i9 Extreme 7980XE

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC 8G

DRAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB Black 3000MHz

SSD: CORSAIR MP510 2TB

PSU: CORSAIR AX1000

RAD: CORSAIR Hydro X XR5 360mm

RES/PUMP: CORSAIR Hydro X XD5 RGB

CPU-BLOCK: CORSAIR Hydro X XC7 RGB

GPU-BLOCK: CORSAIR Hydro X XG7 RGB

FITTINGS: CORSAIR Hydro X

TUBING: CORSAIR Hydro X XT Hardline 14mm

FANS: CORSAIR QL120 RGB

4000D_MOD_3_HANS_PEDER_SAHL_01.png

4000D_MOD_3_HANS_PEDER_SAHL_02.png

4000D_MOD_3_HANS_PEDER_SAHL_03.png

4000D_MOD_3_HANS_PEDER_SAHL_04.png

4000D_MOD_3_HANS_PEDER_SAHL_05.png

4000D_MOD_3_HANS_PEDER_SAHL_06.png

Edited by Corsair Johan

ufff.. top mounted D5.. it looks super original to have the distro plate there but i imagine he spent a few days chasing the very last bubble and filling that loop to the last drop ^^

those opaque coolants can really foam like crazy when there's no traditionnal reservoir for bubbles to settle.

Still, looks pretty sick !

• Corsair Employee
ufff.. top mounted D5.. it looks super original to have the distro plate there but i imagine he spent a few days chasing the very last bubble and filling that loop to the last drop ^^

those opaque coolants can really foam like crazy when there's no traditionnal reservoir for bubbles to settle.

Still, looks pretty sick !

Thanks man. I got a video added in where you can see the loop filling in progress. I am filling the loop via an external pump/reservoir as the loop itself does not have a reservoir. In the back there is two quick disconnect fittings that can be hooked up to a external pump/res for filling, and bleeding it actually only took a few hours.

• Corsair Employee
The only time i used opaque it was insane the time it took to bleed, so i totally understand why you did that ^^'

Yeah some of them can be downright nightmarish. I did not have a huge issue with it this time though, and it has been a few years since I have had the foam of death problem.

Since there is no reservoir in this system, the small amounts of air that is left actually gets caught in the CPU block :D It is not something that affects performance, but I will definitely make a proper res next time. This one was as much a fun proof of concept as it was a serious build.

• 1 month later...