Corsair Community

Extra fans recognized in CL

Plintus

Hi, I have two extra fans showing in CL (see the screenshot).

Not sure where they (two on the very left in the screenshot) are coming from.

I only have three fans that came with the case and two radiator fans connected as one to H100i GTX. Any ideas?

Thank you

1586953740_twoextrafans.thumb.PNG.5bd8a01771cc0455ff38fd72fb38097a.PNG

The motherboard is reporting 5 fans, but if you only have 3 this seems strange. I guess it could be down to a bug in the CPUID SDK that CL uses. If you exit CL and run my SIV utility what does it report on the [status] panel? I guess you could also try HWiNFO.

CIV detects 5 cooling devices (I assume those are the fans).

Thes would be three case fans and two on PSU and graphics card. I say I assume because four out of five are reported as unknown. Bottom line the CIV does not detect extra fans.

nice little utility that SIV :biggrin:

I am happy to hear you feel SIV is a nice little utility, tough it's not that little and is about 372,896 lines of C.

Comparing the SIV [status] panel and CL screen shot I expect there is a bug in the CPUID SDK and I would report this to Corsair support. I guess you could check what HWM reports and if that also reports the extra fans report it directly to the CPUID SDK developers. See http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html.

On the SIV [status] panel I expect CPU Fan1 is the from of the H100iGTX and the other 3 are the 3 fans you expect. If you had exited CL before running SIV it would have also reported your CLCC and H100iGTX.

Thank you for looking into this.

Yes, CPU fan is H100i and the other three fans are the chassis fans 1,3 and 4. CL reports them as Chassis fan1, Aux Fan IN1 and Aux Fan IN2.

Sorry, I can't send the information you requested. Posting a screenshot is one thing, sending the information collected by a program I don't know is a different thing. Hope there is no hard fillings.

No, that's fine and simply means I can't test the changes here. I have made the changes so it would be handy if you tried the latest SIV Beta and posted a new [status] screen shot. The initial screen would also be good as this shows the exact motherboard model name that the new code checks for. I assumed this is X99-A, but it it's different the new code will not work.

To get the Beta do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta.

I guess it's similar in the fact that fans are displayed that should not be displayed.

I think the reasons are different though. I think the two extra fans are caused by an issue in the CPUID SDK and your duplicate fans are down the to CL profile having an issue.

It could be that you have both issues. How many fans do you have connected to the motherboard? Less than are displayed? Ah I see you just added:

ASUSTek Motherboard CPU Aux Fan

Is the H100iGTX connected to a motherboard CPU fan header? If so I suspect this is "ASUSTek Motherboard CPU Aux Fan" as the speed is about the same as the H100iGTX Cooler Fan.

red-ray

Yes I already suspected the same thing you did. My point is that "ASUSTek Motherboard CPU Aux Fan" should not be showing at all and the duplicate (zero) fans should also not be showing. These are obviously a bug.....

Yes I already suspected the same thing you did. My point is that "ASUSTek Motherboard CPU Aux Fan" should not be showing at all and the duplicate (zero) fans should also not be showing. These are obviously a bug.....

Yes, the duplicate zero fans are down to a bug in CL.

Where does your H100iGTX get it's power from please?

Below is a screen shot from a system with no fans connected to the motherboard. Note how the CPU Fan 1 and H100iGTX Fan reading are the same after allowing for the reporting accuracy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22734&stc=1&d=1441098360

286786717_CoolingStatus.png.765655ea0b4bbde3b0561dd4b874822e.png

One connection to the main fan header and one connection to a USB port on the MB.

So the connection to the main fan header will get reports as a fan.

If you exit CL and then run SIV what does Menu->Tools->Cooling Status report? Please post the screen shot.

I have lined up the duplicate fan widgets with no readings with the correct ones with readings.

The cooler pump is plugged into the ASUSTek Motherboard CPU Fan header but you can see that the devide widget is showing zero.

Also there is nothing plugged into the ASUSTek Motherboard CPU Aux Fan but you can see that there is one with a reading and one with no reading.

Capture.thumb.GIF.7c6e4c065a652cf0fc275d31b094a285.GIF

I recently transferred 3 case fans from PSU to MoBo fan headers. Also added 3 T_SENSORS.

Will Corsair fix C-Link to report correctly to eliminate redundant fan readings and proper T_SENSOR temperature readings, basically all EC sensors?

SIV is able to read and display this information correctly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22771&d=1441637100

CL_SIV64X.thumb.PNG.4c0efb6f6f5a453a82ee60d926de559c.PNG

Archived