Corsair Community

Sabre mouse possible polling rate issue

JohnX125

Ok so.. I was playing GTA V today when suddenly the game started stuttering everytime I moved the mouse. I tried restarting the game, tried different games and even rebooted the system but the problem persisted. Eventually I went to iCUE and changed the mouse's polling rate from 1000Hz to 500Hz and that fixed the problem. Could this be an issue with my motherboard's USB controller or did the mouse deside it can't do 1000Hz polling rate anymore? Edited by JohnX125
Problem has been solved

Could also be the game doesn't like 1000Hz.

It did it in any game I tried, so I don't think it has to do with that.. plus if GTA V wasn't optimized for 1000Hz, I'd have this issue since the day I installed it. Is it possible that something inside the mouse just failed while I was playing?

Doubtful. I would try another USB port so that the device is redetected and setup anew.

I already did this, I tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports but it didn't fix anything. The mouse just refuses to work properly on 1000Hz. My keyboard however works fine on 1000Hz so I don't think it has to do with the USB ports. I don't know what else could be causing this.

Alright reseting it fixed the issue, however I had a hard time understanding if it actually reseted since the mouse's LEDs that according to Corsair should flash, did not. So I did it like 4 before realising that it actually reseted. :laughing: Anyway thank you for helping!!