Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 04:15 PM
quadlatte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955307
quadlatte Reputation: 10
Default where are the ML pro LED at?

are the ML PRO LED fans discontinued? i can only find non-LED or those pretty but worthless RGB ones now. i mean really how can you call a 1200rpm 1.27 pressure fan a high pressure fan? so i guess the trend is pretty but hot now?

Old 05-19-2018, 05:10 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955313
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 122

You may have a somewhat superficial understanding of the statistical values and most people don't run so close to ragged edge they need to 1-2C CPU temp difference between 1000 rpm and 1800 on a 140mm. Nevertheless, you should be able to find what you want below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G5I6QH6...ding=UTF8&th=1

Old 05-19-2018, 05:22 PM
quadlatte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955318

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
You may have a somewhat superficial understanding of the statistical values and most people don't run so close to ragged edge they need to 1-2C CPU temp difference between 1000 rpm and 1800 on a 140mm. Nevertheless, you should be able to find what you want below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G5I6QH6...ding=UTF8&th=1
yes there are some still out there but the issue is the push to everything RGB with lower performance, not everyone wants the disco ball effect and would like to have better temps when system is stressed, when doing mundane stuff the fans can drop for low noise but if i am running full boogie i need those fans to deliver. i just dont understand why they would discontinue the ML LED ones

Old 05-19-2018, 05:28 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955319

They haven't as far as I know. There a multitude of reasons why someone might prefer the single color or plain black fans and they are all still available. One of which is basic plug and play, no lighting controller needed. 1200 rpm vs 2000 rpm should not be a discriminator for most people and you may be needlessly giving yourself a headache for nominal gains at high speeds.

It looks like all three colors (white, red, blue) are still there. I have 8 white ones. No complaints about the fan.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 PM
quadlatte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955321

Quote:
They haven't as far as I know. There a multitude of reasons why someone might prefer the single color or plain black fans and they are all still available. One of which is basic plug and play, no lighting controller needed. 1200 rpm vs 2000 rpm should not be a discriminator for most people and you may be needlessly giving yourself a headache for nominal gains at high speeds.

It looks like all three colors (white, red, blue) are still there. I have 8 white ones. No complaints about the fan.
but they are not listed on corsair's website besides the refurbished area. the black non-LED are still listed though. just comparing specs with the RGB ones made me scratch my head as to they are called high pressure fans lol

Old 05-19-2018, 05:40 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955324

Wait, so is this a philosophical inquiry rather than actually trying to obtain them?

I have good news for you. The ML PRO (plain black or LED) will have the exact same static pressure rating at 1200 rpm as the RGB version. It's the same blade and static pressure values are RPM dependent. Static pressure is the amount of negative pressure it takes to reduce a fan's speed to zero. So the faster it turns, the higher the value, regardless of blade design or actual radiator efficiency. I have a little 40x40x20 fan that makes 2.0mm (at 4000 rpm). I promise you don't want it as a cooling device. It only moves 9 cfm at that speed. Cooling is still about airflow or moving air. Static pressure may help comparing non-standard blade designs, but you can usually tell more just looking at it or better still using linear airflow through resistance numbers, on the rare occasion they are available.

As for the ML family, the PRO/LED model will only help if you run the higher speed. At 1200 and below, they are exactly the same. That still doesn't mean everyone wants the RGB and there is a lot more to hooking them up. However, from a business standpoint, the market is clearly moving toward multi-color capable LED fans. I don't know what I will do with my 250+ shades of R-O-Y-G-B-V that I have collected over the past 10 years.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:05 PM
quadlatte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955328

Quote:
Wait, so is this a philosophical inquiry rather than actually trying to obtain them?

I have good news for you. The ML PRO (plain black or LED) will have the exact same static pressure rating at 1200 rpm as the RGB version. It's the same blade and static pressure values are RPM dependent. Static pressure is the amount of negative pressure it takes to reduce a fan's speed to zero. So the faster it turns, the higher the value, regardless of blade design or actual radiator efficiency. I have a little 40x40x20 fan that makes 2.0mm (at 4000 rpm). I promise you don't want it as a cooling device. It only moves 9 cfm at that speed. Cooling is still about airflow or moving air. Static pressure may help comparing non-standard blade designs, but you can usually tell more just looking at it or better still using linear airflow through resistance numbers, on the rare occasion they are available.

As for the ML family, the PRO/LED model will only help if you run the higher speed. At 1200 and below, they are exactly the same. That still doesn't mean everyone wants the RGB and there is a lot more to hooking them up. However, from a business standpoint, the market is clearly moving toward multi-color capable LED fans. I don't know what I will do with my 250+ shades of R-O-Y-G-B-V that I have collected over the past 10 years.
yes i understand all that, my query though is more why corsair would discontinue them, yes they are still available from some places but not from corsair directly, which is were i usually get them, and why they would push everything to multi color dancing disco stuff is beyond me. i like to color match as much as the next person but having the higher performance when needed ( yes i understand that they have to spin faster for this) is also important. i know it possible as EK just came out with a RGB version that offers a pressure rating of 3.16, still not in the 4's like the corsair one were but better than a max of 1.27

Old 05-19-2018, 08:44 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955338

This is a philosophical inquiry.

The prior SP140L that came with the H110i/H115i coolers will have a lower static pressure rating at 1200 rpm than the ML140 PRO/RGB/LED. No contest in terms of sound quality at that level either.

Maximizing static pressure values comes at the expense of total airflow volume. You can't maximize both. A blade with a high static pressure number would likely be most valuable in a low speed system. The faster you intend to run, the less effective this fan becomes in comparison to a higher airflow model for effective cooling. The EK model deliberately tips the balance toward airflow.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:00 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955340
solarity Reputation: 33

To be honest, I don't think many consumers want a fan with that high static rating. Static pressure correlates really well with RPM and dBA. Most people don't want a screamer, so I am guessing after asking a lot of questions and looking into it myself, it doesn't make sense for Corsair to build those fans as their market is consumers who want reliable fans that are flashy and that are going to be quite. I have 9x fans that are rated at 10mmh20 and 9x fans rated at 4mmh20 , though I am using 2.25mmh20 Corsair HD-120 fans in my computers as I don't really have the need for a fans with those high levels of static pressure. Those fans were pulled out of 3x3 1U fan arrays that were used to cool networking equipment. They were being tossed. If you ever walk into a data center it is loud and the fan noise can give me a headache after a couple of hours.

So I am guessing they made those higher RPM fans, not many people wanted them, so they ended production and made something that their customers wanted. Sure ML is in theory going to be quieter than rifle bearing or hydro bearing, though I don't know if is going to be that much, especially at this end of the spectrum. I won't say a 10mh20 fan isn't needed, if it wasn't Delta wouldn't make them. Though the 10mmh20 has a dead zone in the middle which is twice the size of anything I have ever seen, so they would suck on my rads. Though if you want some industrial fan that is going to be loud and reliably cool your servers in your data centers, all of our servers use delta fans.

If you want a reliable fan for pushing air though a 16FPI 30mm radiator w/ a filter and a 90* turn through a small area, my HD-120s is doing great. I would honestly avoid using Vardar fans, the only difference between them and the Deltas is the Vardar are less reliable and over priced. I have seen countless complaints about fan failures on the Vardars on OCN and reddit. Yes the new Vardar RGB is the highest static pressure fan on the market now, though the HD-120 is the highest static pressure fan with addressable LEDs. The Vardar RGB is analog. Lastly I tried to find complaints about the HD-120 and SP-120 fans, though I failed to find anyone complaining about them. Also Corsair's iCue software is awesome!

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.