Corsair Community

Primochill Vue with Hydro X?

seanx24x

I would really like to use some Primochill Vue coolant in my Hydro X loop but I don't know if thats a good idea or not? I spoke with customer service from Primochill and they've said they dont know of any compatibility issues, just wondering if anyone else has done this?

opaque coolants are okay if you don't mind taking apart every fitting and waterblock whenever you will switch back to transparent coolant.

They deposit gunk in areas with low flow, around orings on hard tubing, around barbs of soft tubing, in waterblock orings, in radiators...

It works eh, but that's one thing to take into account when going opaque :)

I know it looks pretty but I would recommend you staying away from "shampoo" type coolants, the effect doesn't stay that long and I have seen a few people after a while having to flush the system as its clogged up the CPU/GPU blocks.

If you like taking risks and possibly having to flush your system more often go for it! :)

• Corsair Employee
I would really like to use some Primochill Vue coolant in my Hydro X loop but I don't know if thats a good idea or not? I spoke with customer service from Primochill and they've said they dont know of any compatibility issues, just wondering if anyone else has done this?

It does look really nice but I would warmly suggest to avoid it. It's very likely that it's going to stain and clog up.

Besides that, it's marked as incompatible with Hydro X products.

See the Hydro X coolant compatibility list.This means that there could also be some chemical damage done to the Hydro X components.

• 3 weeks later...

i used mayhems pastel and it looked good BUT after 3 days i needed to strip my entire loop

including pump to clean it as it began to fall out and collect in horizontal runs and both blocks along with the pump.

I then found out that they were having issues, i will only ever use clear from now on until they sort out an equaly as good opaque.

To be fair it actually made me rethink my entire loop and i have since changed case and resevoir/pump although everything else is still corsair and my EK and Thermeltake fans/pump/resevoirs all still run through icue as i much prefer it to anything else. It does now mean i have 2 commander pro's 2 lighting node pro's and a lighting node core :laughing:

20200722_141322.thumb.jpg.0a47afa21f4cea78c1a04a4faee21cde.jpg

20200722_144648.thumb.jpg.c2e2da2834c02b50825e4020b0b75851.jpg

20200805_174942.thumb.jpg.9b4c1fd70d31a8dd9b8910bd5e9a2d45.jpg

20200805_174935.thumb.jpg.f6c117625e2e8d465ecdd281dcacfa2a.jpg

lol i lost it at your double res piggybacking !

Looks sweet, but please, install a pair of these before they fall over :p

BTW i upgraded my pc today and took this opportunity to take the GPU block apart and clean opaque coolant residues. it was painful.. every nook & cranny needs to meet the rug, it takes ages to get that thing cleaned.. AND it was an EK block with thick fins.. and space to clean in between.

With an XG7 with microfins, forget it. I understand why Corsair doesn't recommend most opaque coolants.

Edited by LeDoyen

LOL its ok they are bonded together, I can actualy lay the case on its back and they are fine. I only have the 240 to help with filling /bleeding and draining as the outlet on the 360 is half way up its a pain.

My biggest issue with cleaning up after the opaque was the actual tubing i ended up chucking it all and starting from scratch i just couldnt get the residue out.

yep, tubing is toast, unless you get like a piece of cloth bundled at the end of a string and pull it through the tubes repeatedly..

it doesn't completely clear soft tubing.. and even with hard tubing, it may be quicker to bend new tubes than try to clean the old.