The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Xanavi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846342
Xanavi Reputation: 10

Here is a simple screenshot showing the CorsairLink4Service eating CPU, and keeping my CPU from resting. You can also see the burst from uninstallation and the resulting idle when gone.

Back to CL3...

Old 04-09-2016, 03:07 AM

POST ID # = 846361
Landerx74 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxbeard View Post
I wonder if this is due to the USB Selective Suspend setting. Disable it from the Power options and let us know what happens.
Well even though I dsabled this setting it still is frozen after wakeup.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:57 AM
xbrian88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846374
xbrian88 Reputation: 10

Hi guys I have a problem. h100i imposed on my red and the PC on again do not find it in that color, but I find it in another color. can you help me please let ??? Thanks I look forward.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Weedbreather's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846507
Weedbreather Reputation: 11

Custom profiles only work when link is running, otherwise they stick to the last rpm before closing link. This is very disappointing, my cpu reached over 70 degrees celsius!!!

Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846717
Xiltyn Reputation: 10
Default Is this the Black Sheep?

What is up with the lack of response from Corsair to anyone on this thread?

So I'm about to just have to treat this program as a virus at this point. Still seeing system freezes even after uninstall, even an uninstall via third party software, but no where near as quickly as with link installed and running. BSOD would be welcome at this point because at least then I'd have an error code to be able to hunt down where the problem is. I'm suspecting it has something to do with pump or radiator fan speeds not increasing to match the need with increased cpu usage but again I can't even be sure of that as I'm still getting the random 'rev up and spin down' of pump and fans but again not as insanely as I was with link running.

Again I was NOT having these issues what so ever before I decided I'd risk giving link another try. At this point I'm starting to get concerned that this software may be causing damage to my rig. I am not sure what else I can do but reformat and never touch this software again.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:40 PM
GO302LX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846731
GO302LX Reputation: 29
Default Is this the Black Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiltyn View Post
What is up with the lack of response from Corsair to anyone on this thread?
I cannot speak of CLink software and Windows 10.
I have had H100i GTX for almost a year (Unit has worked great, using other controlling software). Gave up using CLink software, other than to set color on pump head. I (along with many) am curious if Corsair realized they had a "White Elephant" so they decided not to package CLink software with each unit, instead made it a "Free" download. You may want to check out some of Red-Ray's posted concerning CLink and windows 10. From what I gather, there are no Corsair Software Development people in this forum. The Corsair Employees of this forum seem to just monitor it?

Old 04-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846741

Yeah GO302LX I have no issues with the hardware it is only the software. I have to question the lack of response in this thread when I see daily responses by Corsair reps on other threads. I've read Red-Ray's stuff and even contacted him but he shouldn't have to be customer service for Corsair. It is amazing he's been as much help for people as he has and it's been informative reading what he's put out, but again this is a system total freeze with no issues on reboot so there isn't even any error codes to be able to track down what is going on and it's not as if I can run a third party program to see what is going on either.

I did end up reformatting and guess what? No fan or pump 'revving', SSD light not going crazy with activitiy, but it's only been about 30 minutes. I had to do this the last time I had tried Link (3.1 I think maybe later) and ran fine for months before trying 4.2 the other day.

With there being other software out there that does the same thing maybe Corsair just doesn't really care about putting out their own. I think you are correct that it is telling that they don't package the software with the hardware.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:38 AM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846802
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO302LX View Post
I (along with many) am curious if Corsair realized they had a "White Elephant" so they decided not to package CLink software with each unit, instead made it a "Free" download.
Quote:
I think you are correct that it is telling that they don't package the software with the hardware.

Or... it's faster, more efficient, and (debatably) more eco-friendly to post a download on a website than it is to make CDs and package them in boxes? Not to mention that a CD would be bigger than some of the Link hardware items (e.g. the commander mini and the lighting node).
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 04-12-2016, 06:36 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846809
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow The real issue is that no Corsair Staff visibly address the issues raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Or... it's faster, more efficient, and (debatably) more eco-friendly to post a download on a website than it is to make CDs and package them in boxes? Not to mention that a CD would be bigger than some of the Link hardware items (e.g. the commander mini and the lighting node).
Having CL4 on a CD/DVD would be pointless 'till it's far more stable and reliable, even then I see little merit in this. The CL Mini comes in the box that is 6" x 8" (150 x 200mm) and the Lighting Node has not been available since last summer so there is no packaging issue anyway.

The real issue is that no Corsair Staff visibly address the issues raised.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Mark_K's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846820
Mark_K Reputation: 14

But Corsair has no issues asking for users to post problems.....
At least give us the curtesy to address or reply back to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846822

If it was a 'faster, more efficient, more eco-friendly' approach then why package software with any of their hardware? Oh yeah because not every computer is connected to the internet nor does everyone use the internet, or even have internet access.

I agree that it is pointless to package it with the hardware if it isn't stable. That is my point with it being telling that they aren't. It is a good thing that they recognize the software has serious problems and don't ship it.

So almost 24 hours now after reformat and yeah system is still running like it was before CL installation, again. I know simply saying 'it's freezing my system' is very little information to go on and I'd love to give more information but the nature of the problem is that I don't really have anything more that I can provide. My system specs are already given. If Corsair had their own 'system detection/reporting' software I'd even be willing to give that a go to provide even more detailed info as to my system. I could provide CPuid screen shots I suppose but then without any response from Corsair I don't even know if they require that kind of detail to try to figure this out, or even if they are trying to figure it out at all.

I'm not even trying to be a whiner about it, this is not a make or break piece of software when it comes to my system running how I need it to. I've only posted in order to try to be of help to resolving these issues.

Obviously I'm a 'fan' of Corsair hardware. My system consists of 4 manufacturers: AMD, Corsair, Samsung, and ASUS. Percentage of the build from most to least respectively. The number of parts that are AMD and Corsair are almost the same, in fact as of later today I'll have more Corsair parts than AMD (but I don't really count keyboard and mouse when it comes to a rig build normally).7

Old 04-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846824
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow You could post Service.log

Quote:
I know simply saying 'it's freezing my system' is very little information to go on and I'd love to give more information but the nature of the problem is that I don't really have anything more that I can provide.
You could post C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\Service.log which should (might) tell Corsair what CL4 was doing just before the issue, but why do I need to tell you this? Corsair should be doing this .

Then again I have posted this when appropriate and still there is no response for Corsair.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Corsario63's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846902
Corsario63 Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to Corsario63

Hi all,

two computers same problem:

- windowx 10 pro x64 ver 1511 Build 10586.218
- Corsair Link 4.2.2.27 (both computers with liquid cooling)
- Avast Internet Security 11.2.2261

after last system update today in both computers BSOD error "kernel_security_check" followed recommended fix in the forums:
- system repair
- system start in safe mode
- run "cmd" as administrator of "sfc /scannow"
- Windows memory check command passed.

only worked uninstall the AV software in safe mode but now my system is without AV.

any one has had the same issue??
already reported to Avast if could be any fix because there has been two update in last week and Corsair Link has been updated at the beginning of the month.

more or less as far as I see what is clear that is some kind of iteration w10 + Avast driver + Corsair Link drivers.

Last edited by Corsario63; 04-12-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Old 04-12-2016, 05:34 PM

POST ID # = 846915
DJ_OXyGeNe_8 Reputation: 10

I'm using H100i and looks custom mode is not working (when Link software is working). Also if I remember correctly, previous version (I mean 3.xx) could contorl Pump, this one is not. Also using AX860i, no problem but previous version was more detailed.

I didn't experince any installing problem. 4 colors mode works well (LED) - even Link software is not working.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit
5820k - Asus x99 Deluxe

Also noticed: when I installed, it to tried install something about "memory" I've 32GB Dominator 2666 DDR4 - should I install!? What was it for?

Last edited by DJ_OXyGeNe_8; 04-12-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Corsair Employee
Fauxbeard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846919
Fauxbeard Reputation: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
The real issue is that no Corsair Staff visibly address the issues raised.
Not true. Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
CL 4.2.2.27 fails to update my DIMM temperatures .
We're working on a build that should address this issue. Stay tuned.

Closed Thread