The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2015, 03:15 PM
******* H2O - H100i
Scyphe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826570
Scyphe Reputation: 10

Windows 10 Pro x64 with TH2/1511-update
Corsair Link v3.2.5742 used with Corsair H100i cooler.

Corsair Link v3.2.5742 causing high DPC latency making it impossible to work with music

I use this Windows installation (I have two licenses for Win10 Pro) for recording songs etc. in Cubase and one important point is that there must not exist any serious DPC latency (high DPC latency creates broken noise, stutters etc. when using ASIO-drivers).

Using the DPC Latency tool from www.thesycon.de I found out that I had latencies around or above 4000 µs which is wreaking havoc with audio latency and delivery, creating glitches, scratches and stutters while both recording and replaying.

After ending all sorts of processes and services in order to find out why I had serious issues I shut down Corsair Link.. and lo and behold, the DPC latency dropped to somewhere between 1 to 10 µs.

I can't say if it's Corsair Link 3.2.5247 or the Windows 10 1511/Threshold 2 update (or a combination of both) that created this particular bug but I didn't have any issues with the earlier version of Corsair Link until Windows told me the version of Corsair Link I was wasn't supported in Windows.

Last edited by Scyphe; 12-20-2015 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to write below the picture.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:49 PM
mirkoj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 827753
mirkoj Reputation: 10

I haven't noticed latency issue till now I saw this and I can confirm that I have high latency on my main machine as well.. will check two others..

ob the other hand I've decided to get try on link again after months not using it.
got 2 computers with h110i and 1 with h110gt

surprisingly all went fine except that 110gt had issue with detecting and asking for reboot over and over again.. but after fix I run into somewhere on the forum it is all fine now.
everything is detected and working eexcept one small thing.

color on LED is not working properly after restart, I need to get into corsair link software and click once on it and then it gets refreshed and working properly. same thing shapens on all 3 computers. but other then that all seems fine.
will loko more into this latency issue as well.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:52 PM

POST ID # = 828267
Taff Reputation: 10

Hi Guys,

I have an issue where once I have installed the corsair link dashboard I keep getting a message That " Corsair link has discovered new devices which require a reboot........ I then go and reboot the system but then it comes back when I start the dashboard again. not sure what is going on. Please help... Thanks

Old 12-31-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 828388
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
" Corsair link has discovered new devices which require a reboot........
See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706

Old 01-02-2016, 09:25 AM

POST ID # = 828722
casual_user Reputation: 10
Exclamation Corsair Link software - huge DPC and Kernel Timer latency (about 4200 us)

Hi,
after reading Scyphe post I noticed the very same issue on my system.
When Corsair Link software is running, then I have a huge DPC and Kernel Timer latency (about 4200 us).

My specs:
Corsair Hydro H100i GTX
Corsair Link Software 3.1.5667 (I have the least issues with this one.)
Windows 8.1 x64 with online updates.

For now I workaround this issue by running SIVx64 application to control Corsair Hydro H100i GTX fans speed.
But I encountered another problem. I often put my PC into sleep state (S3) instead of shuting down the operating system.
When my PC resumes form sleep state SIVx64 or other monitoring applications stop seeing Corsair Hydro H100i GTX pumps and fans RPM.
The fans seem to reset to default firmware profile.

As a workaround for second issue, I manually reset bellow USB controller device:
Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (H100iGTX) (USB)
It seems like the driver for above device stops responding or is not reinitialized properly.
Then I need to reapply RPM speed for Corsair Hydro H100i GTX fans from SIVx64.

I hope you will fix these issues quickly since the workaround for resuming from sleep state is hideous.

Corsair Link software is running:

Corsair Link software is NOT running:

Old 01-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 828724

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual_user View Post
Then I need to reapply RPM speed for Corsair Hydro H100i GTX fans from SIVx64.
SIV should automatically do this about 30 seconds after the system resumes from sleep. If it doesn't post to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665 and include [Link Fans] screen shots of before and after.

Even if the DPC latency issue is fixed then CL fails to deal with sleep, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137560.

For the high DPC latency to be addressed you will need to add you exact system specifications to your profile. I suspect the issue is within the CPUID SDK. Do you get the same effect when you run CPUZ? If so I suspect your best option to get this fixed is to report the bug as a CPUZ bug and with luck a future CL release will have it fixed.

Last edited by red-ray; 01-02-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:03 PM

POST ID # = 828738
casual_user Reputation: 10
Default casual_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I suspect the issue is within the CPUID SDK. Do you get the same effect when you run CPUZ? If so I suspect your best option to get this fixed is to report the bug as a CPUZ bug and with luck a future CL release will have it fixed.
Yes, I get exactly the same effect when running CPU-Z v1.74.
I'll try to contact CPU-Z team. We'll see how it goes.

Thank you for your help.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:07 AM
dazussdj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 829325
dazussdj Reputation: 10
Default AirFlow Pro showing 0 temp 0 activity

Using latest version CL
Windows 10 pro 64bit 1155
Using AirFlow Pro with mini commander 1.1.6 just shows 0 temp 0 activity any ideas please :).
THanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled2.png (1.06 MB, 325 views)
File Type: png Untitled.png (2.69 MB, 248 views)

Old 01-13-2016, 10:50 PM
MammothJerk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 830918
MammothJerk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOrion View Post
Version v3.2.5742
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Build 10240
Summary - I have mentioned for the last 4 versions, I believe, about CL not functioning when coming out of sleep and It is still an issue.

Because the 0 rpm fan setting on the Corsair AX760i does not function properly and will heat up until it hits around 42 degrees Celsius then the fan will kick up to about 1000 rpm and make a noticeable whirring noise before it shuts off again less than a second later, I use CL to set the fan to 40% fixed. The process of the fan spinning up and shutting down will repeat over and over which is annoying. At least now, with my R9-390X the fan will spin up and keep the PSU cool if I watch videos on YouTube because my wattage draw seems to be high enough to get the fan to spin up to about 300 RPM.

I woke my PC from sleep and started writing this. The temp was at 25 degrees when I started and it is 33.5 degrees now. Probably by the time I finish writhing this it will have hit the 42 degree mark and start with the fan cycling. All I have to do to get CL to go back to the profile I have set ... the fan fixed at 40%... I have to right click on the icon in the tray and click "Show CorsairLink" and wait a few seconds (3-10) and the fan will eventually spin up to 40% (aprox 750-800 rpm). This speed is pretty unnoticeable for sound tho it is still faster than it needs to run and can't be set any lower than 40%. As I stated ... when I watch YouTube videos it will run the fan at around 300 rpm which is sufficient to keep the temps at around 32 degrees.

I have brought this issue up on every new thread since version 2.7 but it still exists.

Can anyone with a Corsair PSU that is about maybe 100-200 watts more than you need, test this out and verify that it is an issue. Your system would have to draw less than maybe 200 watts at idle or at least this seems to cause it on my 760i ... you may not get the 42 degrees and the annoying fan cycling unless you are in a warm climate but actually I would like you to set the PSU to the "Fixed 40%" setting, make sure your fan shows rpm's (I had to set it to 55% the first time before the fan would even kick on but then reduced it to 40 and it works and will continue to spin up the fans once its is saved that first time) then put your computer to sleep. Wake it up again, give it a minute and then right click on the tray icon and check the PSU's rpm's using the right click menu (Fan and Pump Info) not opening the software itself. See if it says "AX760i Fan 0 rpm"

At this point in writing this my PSU hit 40C and the fan cycling has started. It has been about 20 minutes since I have woken it from sleep and haven't put much of a load on it yet. I really need this software to set my PSU settings back to the Fixed 40% profile that I have set for it when it wakes from sleep without having to open the full program every time I wake the computer.

Again I ask others to please test this out if they have one of the PSUs that show in CL. Set to a 40% fan .. put your computer to sleep ... wake it up ... check the link tray icon to see your PSU fan speed and see if its 0 instead of the 40% like it should be set too... then open the full software and see if the fan kicks on once the software loads fully. Just another note... I am using the Corsair Link USB Dongle not the commander or whatever its called. The driver was provided by Corsair Memory Inc dated 7/14/2010 version 3.3.0.0.

Maybe I'm the only one having this sleep issue ... I don't know ... it seems to be ignored by Corsair and I haven't really heard anyone else complaining about this issue so.... It may be my computer or it may be that it's just a curse that I use my computer for everything and its in a quiet environment and I spent a lot of effort to make it very quiet which is why I am so aware of this issue. If I turned on my PC and started gaming I wouldn't notice this issue since then the PC would draw enough to spin the fan up but as I mentioned.... just typing this post was enough "idle" time to cause the PSU to heat up and the fan to start its 1k rpm on/off fan cycling.

I would appreciate anyone else trying this issue out and replying with their results.

Again .. the issue with the fan spinning up ... Corsair has given me an RMA but I don't have the unreasonable amount of money I would need to tie up to use it... so Corsair says that my PSU is defective and that's why the fan is spinning the way it does.

Another reason I don't go for the RMA is because personally I believe that a new PSU would do the same thing. The fan does spin up on this PSU but it seems to be based on wattage draw not temp. I guess my system is just at a weird point where it draws enough watts to heat the PSU up but not enough to cause the fans to spin up properly so it hits a point (40-42 degrees) and the PSU says "I need to cool" and turns on the fan but the internal programming says "Nope ... you aren't drawing enough wattage to turn that fan on" and shuts the fan off again. The issue wouldn't be an issue if I could set the PSU to the fixed 40% and have it stay there but so far that isn't a possibility for me.

I really need someone to verify this sleep issue so that maybe Corsair will fix it in the 5th version. Please set your PSU to a fixed fan speed, put your pc to sleep, wake it up, check if the fixed setting is still working without having to open the CL software window and post your results here...

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to post results.
I have the same problem where my AX860i will speed up to about 1200 rpm for about 1 second when it hits 35.5C. i also have to circumvent it setting it to 40%. id like to turn it down lower but it seems stuck at 40% for some reason, i can type in a custom value like 20% but it will immediately switch back to 40%

Old 01-14-2016, 05:58 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 831033
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Quote:
Note that SIV will control C-Link attached AXi PSUs but not USB attached ones.
Just an additional note because I got confused once by a reply like this... If you have just an AXi PSU with just the dongle it came with ... SIV will not work... If you have Link Commander (the one that other fans and lighting can be connected too it should. The reason for me saying this is... I believe they both are USB attached and both are labeled Corsair Link

Old 01-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 831066
Default The low limit of 40% is down to the CL software

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothJerk View Post
i also have to circumvent it setting it to 40%. id like to turn it down lower but it seems stuck at 40% for some reason, i can type in a custom value like 20% but it will immediately switch back to 40%
The low limit of 40% is down to the CL software. Other software will do 20% and I feel CL needs to be changed to remove the 40% low limit, ideally it would support PSU Custom Curves.

Last edited by Technobeard; 01-17-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:56 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 831175
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 179
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Quote:
The low limit of 40% is down to the CL software. Other software will do 20% and I feel CL needs to be changed to remove the 40% low limit, ideally it would support PSU Custom Curves.
It won't. The MCU in the PSU will prevent it.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 831179
Confused Not for my AX1500i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
It won't. The MCU in the PSU will prevent it.
  1. OK, what is the MCU enforced low limit meant to be please?
  2. I have just checked my AX1500i and it seems to allow 9% to 100% as below, though I feel < 20% is too slow.
  3. Running at 20% the range is 488 -> 520 RPM with an average of 501 RPM.
  4. I find that 9% is lowest that will start the fan. Initially the fan runs at about 400 RPM and then slows down to around 220 RPM.
  5. An HX1000i seems to have a low limit of 24%.
  6. An AX760i seems to have a low limit of 27% (SN 12509561).
  7. Would Corsair like me to change SIV to enforce a minimum PWM % and if so what should it be for each model of AXi, HXi and RMi PSU?

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: png AX1500i Fan PWM vs. RPM.png (30.2 KB, 747 views)
File Type: png [Link Fans].png (74.0 KB, 690 views)
File Type: png [Link Fans] AX1500i @ 9%.png (74.2 KB, 652 views)
File Type: png [Link Fans] HX1000i @ 24%.png (30.5 KB, 615 views)
File Type: png [Link Fans] AX760i @ 27%.png (59.0 KB, 597 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip AX1500i Fan PWM vs. RPM.xlsx.zip (10.2 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-18-2016 at 07:46 AM.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:41 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 831534
JohnOrion Reputation: 13
Default Post removed by Corsair.

A response has been made... not a satisfactory one but at least one was made. The mod that removed my post was just doing his job and well .. he has to do his job or he gets fired. I happened to set a new precedent and that is why my post was removed even though its not in the forum rules... Guess they will be adding it now. Unfortunately, they will allow competitive software because Link and the competitive software are free. Even if the developer of the competitive software passive aggressively abuses the Corsair customer in PM's and then complains when the customer posts his passive aggressive PM on the forum to try to protect others from dealing with the abuse and know what they are getting into if they choose to use his software.

Since Corsair Link and this competitive product are free it seems that Corsair doesn't consider software a competing product thus not breaking the NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS rule. So, since Corsair doesn't consider software as a product I will again make a request that they release their API so other free software manufacturers who have dealt with the sleep function of Windows properly and doesn't passive aggressively abuse their potential users, can have access and work with Corsair products. If I could get my equipment to work, I wouldn't have the need to be here.

Last edited by JohnOrion; 01-18-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:08 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 831552
Technobeard Reputation: 68

I'll respond to this properly once I'm fully available to read this.

Closed Thread