The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 10-26-2015, 06:25 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816444
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koursaros View Post
-
But Link thinks that 0 rpm is a problem and shows the fan icon in red and constantly flashes, as if there was a problem. Instead Link should understand when a fan has been disabled on purpose.
They solved it for the MSI R9-390X ... it doesn't show the fan for that at all. Shows the temp but no fan. LOL

Old 10-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 816457
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow check the current PWM % setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koursaros View Post
But Link thinks that 0 rpm is a problem and shows the fan icon in red and constantly flashes, as if there was a problem. Instead Link should understand when a fan has been disabled on purpose.
Yes and it's quite easy. All they need to do is check the current PWM % setting and if it's zero then don't flash.

Likewise it's easy enough to tell a fan is present and the speed is 0 RPM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:57 AM
Rotanixel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 817723
Rotanixel Reputation: 10

When the temperature hits the last option on custom curve instead of going to the fan speed I set it at it shoots to 100%

Old 11-03-2015, 02:52 PM

POST ID # = 817805
Noelman Reputation: 10

Updated to latest software but still not finding my old commander. Under device manager its shows "Hydro Series 7289 USB Device" not being able to start (code 10). Then goes into configuration not correct. Is there a way to get this to start correctly? I remember way back in the day that updated drivers were needed but not sure where to find them now.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:32 AM
Braxos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819955
Braxos Reputation: 10

New windows 10 major update has giving a issue with CLINK if you have the comma(,) as decimal instead of dot(.) the CLink reporting a huge mess after decimal on every tab with temperature and voltage-amperage. Only the group tab is displaying right the decimal punctuation without issues.
I am using USA language with European English metric system. Had to swap the metric system to USA or swap the decimal.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:06 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 819962
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelman View Post
Updated to latest software but still not finding my old commander. Under device manager its shows "Hydro Series 7289 USB Device" not being able to start (code 10). Then goes into configuration not correct. Is there a way to get this to start correctly? I remember way back in the day that updated drivers were needed but not sure where to find them now.
Yes, you need to update the driver. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=777371 shows how to do this at the end of the post.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:46 PM

POST ID # = 820037
blackcoma Reputation: 10

Link software: v3.2.5742

Version of Windows: 10 with 1511 update

Summary: Link forgetting components

Detailed description of the issue:

I have owned a commander mini with the latest software for no more than 3 weeks and i have noticed at least 5+ times where the software is forgetting the hardware and *reinstalling* a second version of the same thing again.

For example my graphics card: I will set it up, by dragging the images over and linking them to the case fans. Then after a reboot it might have the GPU fan as 0 rmp, and GPU temp as 0, my case fans are now linked to a 0 temp sensor, but on the left hand panel there will be a new entry for the fan and temp of the GPU. So then I have to go through linking the case fans to this new entry and delete the old ones.. it wastes a lot of time!

Like i said i haven't owned it all that long, but the pattern I've started to notice is that it may forget hardware if i have updated a driver, or plugged in an external USB drive, or changed the internal drives around. (it doesn't just effect the drive i plug in, but effects several other pieces of unrelated hardware too, like my GPU!)

Once it even failed to recognise the entire commander mini with lights and fans attached, i had changed nothing, just booted up my computer one day and it was gone, It didn't come back on resetting. Maybe it was caused by a forced Microsoft Windows patch? Anyway i had to unplug the USB motherboard pin, and reboot, then turn off, and reinstall the motherboard header for the commander then log back into windows to re-detect it... what a hassle for $90 product! yet even more wasted on messing with a fan controller!

oh and yes i do know where the save profile button is, and i have been using it...

Also have noticed the quiet, balanced and performance profiles are all doing the same thing, setting all fans to max.

Seriously expect better from the quality brand that is corsair & the price. I really hope you can address these issues in the next patch.

Last edited by blackcoma; 11-15-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: extra info

Old 11-15-2015, 10:50 AM
C41n3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820137
C41n3 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinch View Post
Installing v3.2.5742 on Windows 10 x64 build 10565 (clean install) A pop-up was displayed advising that devices were detected and a restart is required.
Clicking cancel and exiting CorsairLink.exe and then clicking restart in the installer, performs the restart, but apparently without correctly applying the reg fix?
Upon restarting, when Link runs, the same pop-up is displayed. Clicking restart, again restarts without applying the regfix? This repeats ad arthritum.
I uninstalled, rinsed and repeated, with the same result.
Workaround: Applying the reg fix manually or using SIV allowed CL to run fine.
Same happens with clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10586, endless loop. Corsair please fix ASAP.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:21 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820161
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoma View Post
I have owned a commander mini with the latest software for no more than 3 weeks and i have noticed at least 5+ times where the software is forgetting the hardware and *reinstalling* a second version of the same thing again.
This is an ongoing issue. I believe in the last version's discussion I explained to someone else that it is best to make a copy of your profiles and when this happens you can shut down the program ... copy your backup profiles back.. overwriting the originals and then restart the program and it will be back unless you changed something with your hardware setup causing it to rescan and possibly be assigned to a "different" location.

I will give you basic idea of how to make a backup of the profile but if you want a more in depth version try looking back at the discussions for either the last version or the second to last version.

The profiles are located at: C:\Users\<profile name>\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\Profiles (AppData is usually hidden by default)

Best way to make a backup is to make all the changes to all your profiles and make sure they are all the way you want them. Then close the program and open it again and make sure all the settings are correct. If so then close the program again and make a copy of the profiles folder or the profiles and save them somewhere for later use.

Now if you reboot and find your profiles got corrupted and its giving you the "0" devices as well as the real devices all you have to do is close the program, overwrite the corrupted profiles with your back up copies and then start the program again and everything should be all set back up properly.

This will also work for if you have to reinstall Link and possibly when you update (it has for this last update) but you have to do a little more than just copying your profiles over if its a reinstall or update.

For a reinstall or update you need to create profiles in Link for all your existing backup profiles .. with the same name but you dont have to go through all the setup and renaming devices if you do that... all you have to do is create the "blank" profiles in Link so they "register" with the program .. then close Link .. copy your backups and overwrite the "blank" profiles you just created in Link. and when you start Link again it should have all your devices set up and labeled as you originally did.

Hope this helps ... its a workaround and sucks that you have to do it but as I said ... it has been happening since I first installed link V2.7 ... there has been comments about it in every new version Link discussion and .. well ... it still exists.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:44 PM

POST ID # = 820217
blackcoma Reputation: 10

Thanks John for the tips, that will help save a fair bit of time restoring from the bug, I have now backed up my profiles.

Your right does suck we have to do it and sounds like there will be no patch for it since its been ongoing for so long. I hear corsairs might be rewriting the software from the ground up. God knows how long that will take but maybe it will solve the issue.

I've another request for the development team if they read this:
I use NVIDA surround a lot, swapping between that and multi-monitor display. Every time i do the swap it ask me to close down corsairs link. (and razor synapse software too), which is just an added step to make the process more painful. Is there anyway to stop that from happening? I guess corsairs link is using some resource related to the video card that NVIDA wants exclusive access to.

Last edited by blackcoma; 11-15-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:31 PM
JLSerna
JLSerna's PC Specs

POST ID # = 820526
JLSerna Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C41n3 View Post
Same happens with clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10586, endless loop. Corsair please fix ASAP.
Same installation of clean Windows 10 Pro x64 10586 with same results.
What does it mean to apply the reg fix manually? Could any tell how to do it?

Old 11-23-2015, 09:14 PM

POST ID # = 821772
222 Reputation: 10

I have had a problem with Corsair Link since v3.1.5570 Corsair Link no longer finds PSU (AX1200i) and I have to say the time I originally bought it was one of the main reasons being that is came with Corsair Link. I really wish I hadn't now because the bugs and lack of function has plagued me. I imagine somewhere buried in terms and conditions there is a disclaimer stating that Corsair do not guarantee functioning or the Corsair Link. I feel they should not advertise it as being part of the sale when they only have bug versions that fail to work. When I did manage to get a version that worked I thought they finally had made progress but we're still not past beta and now the power use function is broken entirely. I don't know what happened with v3 but it broke my Corsair Link somehow. I have a H100i CPU cooler. Even after uninstalling v3 and going back to 2.7 I still have no working USB driver for Corsair Link to work. It's really annoying.

Any idea what is going on here? Any help is very much appreciated. It was so long ago now the Power Use was working on this thing, fan speed/pump control of H100i never did work with Corsair Link but that never bothered me as I allowed the H100i system itself control that and seen as it is a closed loop system I am not fussed about that anyway. Maybe Corsair Link flashed firmware to my Corsair Link. I seem to remember v3 constantly prompting me to install a new firmware update...I am unsure if it actually did.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:26 PM
C41n3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821781
C41n3 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSerna View Post
Same installation of clean Windows 10 Pro x64 10586 with same results.
What does it mean to apply the reg fix manually? Could any tell how to do it?
Navigate to this path in Registry Editor (regedit.exe): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

You should find one or possibly more folders of random numbers, letters, and ampersands. Under each of these folders will be a "Device Parameters" folder which has the following four important strings:

AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1
DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 1
EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 1
SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 1

Change each of these to a value of 0 (zero) and reboot.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 PM
MMikhail's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822195
MMikhail Reputation: 10

Corsair Link and Asus AI suite 3 (Z170 platform)

Currently, if Asus AI suite is installed, corsair link looses track of all cooler (RPMs). It's understandable that it's impossible to control the same devices by different software at the same time, but at least it could show their current RPM status, just like it does for CPU and other temp sensors. (on system config and graph screens)

Also the order of installation seems to make big differences and depends on what software is installed first.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:41 PM
UrbanNomad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822681
UrbanNomad Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirantha View Post
On the plus side, I have an old link commander and I can see all of my stuff now :)
Can I ask if you did a clean install or upgrade? I also have an old commander unit but it won't show up in Win10 (same as previous versions of link software).

Closed Thread