Corsair Community

Does the H115i mount in the 570X?

foxpur

So, as I am ordering the Cooler tomorrow it appears I would be better off getting the H100i for top mounting which apparently is recommended?

Note according to the specs the H115i is also supported ?

Compatible Corsair Liquid Coolers H55, H60, H75, H80i, H90, H100i, H105, H110i, H115i, H150i

So, as I am ordering the Cooler tomorrow it appears I would be better off getting the H100i for top mounting which apparently is recommended?

yep that shouldnt be an issue Buddy

Note according to the specs the H115i is also supported ?

It does fit buddy... but only in the front same as the H150i which also wont fit up top.....

I wonder why people even still mount their radiators on the top, its confirmed having it on the front with push pull configuration is better in terms of cooling for both GPU and Cpu.

Come on think about it, hot air from card and other componets goes up where you want to mount your radiator, if you mount your radiator on the top you're gonna make tea with the water instead of the front that its getting always chilled fresh air.

I wonder why people even still mount their radiators on the top, its confirmed having it on the front with push pull configuration is better in terms of cooling for both GPU and Cpu.

Come on think about it, hot air from card and other componets goes up where you want to mount your radiator, if you mount your radiator on the top you're gonna make tea with the water instead of the front that its getting always chilled fresh air.

No, that's not really what's happening or why it offers an advantage, but some people do benefit from front mounting their radiator. Whether or not it is advantageous for the entire system is another question dependent on hardware, case, and layout and you can't make blanket statements or recommendations about this kind thing.

Cool :) excuse the pun lol....

have a read of the below thread... covers the iCUE enabled devices and their setup

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Well, that was VERY informative.... I switched to the h150i ..

I will have to wait a bit on the changing to LL 120 fan and just use the default 570X fans for the front until I can get paid again...

I'm on Disability so fund saving is a bit of a issue. But that build in the video is doable within 2 months.

I will have to wait a bit on the changing to LL 120 fan and just use the default 570X fans for the front until I can get paid again...

I'm on Disability so fund saving is a bit of a issue. But that build in the video is doable within 2 months.

Sorted :).. glad it helped dude :)... good luck on your quest! you'll get there :)

I think that is a good choice and what I would want for a 460 or 570x. You'll need to power the 3 pin SP120-RGB fans from the motherboard as they won't be controllable on the PWM H150i fan controller. That is a livable situation and not critical to operation. You also could use the SP120-RGB in the top and rear with the included non-RGB fans on the front.

I finally installed my LL fans today after quite a long period of stalling. Definitely worth the wait. However, be aware there are some complexities to running two different models of fan in the same system (SP-RGB & LL). The SP-RGB are a bit unique and take commands from a small thumb sized remote. The LL are fully software integrated and will be controlled through the iCUE application. You will need the triple pack with a Lighting Node Pro and a second RGB Lighting Hub to enable the LL to function. This is in the linked guide above as well.

However, be aware there are some complexities to running two different models of fan in the same system (SP-RGB & LL). The SP-RGB are a bit unique and take commands from a small thumb sized remote. The LL are fully software integrated and will be controlled through the iCUE application.

The SP-RGB Fans can also be controlled via iCUE. They do, however, need to be on their own channel because, as you said, they are a bit unique - they run a totally different protocol than everything else RGB.

I think that is a good choice and what I would want for a 460 or 570x. You'll need to power the 3 pin SP120-RGB fans from the motherboard as they won't be controllable on the PWM H150i fan controller. That is a livable situation and not critical to operation. You also could use the SP120-RGB in the top and rear with the included non-RGB fans on the front.

I finally installed my LL fans today after quite a long period of stalling. Definitely worth the wait. However, be aware there are some complexities to running two different models of fan in the same system (SP-RGB & LL). The SP-RGB are a bit unique and take commands from a small thumb sized remote. The LL are fully software integrated and will be controlled through the iCUE application. You will need the triple pack with a Lighting Node Pro and a second RGB Lighting Hub to enable the LL to function. This is in the linked guide above as well.

I saw that in the video... I will get a set of LL within a week with the hub... then another set the next month, not sure if remounting the SP120 on the upper 2 and back is worth the 1 month difference...

Basically to get running gonna run the SP as the front

Then in a week ordering a set of LL w/hub and swap out the SP

Then in a month order another LL w/hub for the top

Archived