Corsair Community

Default lighting for LL fans does not exist in iCUE

Crateria

When iCUE is not running, I get the following effect, which is what I desire.

[ame]

[/ame]

With iCUE is running, I cannot achieve this effect. Rainbow wave only achieves the following effect, and nothing else can get anything like this.

[ame]

[/ame]

This is disappointing, but at least I can set my desired fan speeds in iCUE and then close it to have the lighting effect I desire.

However, now with the MM800 mousepad, I NEED to have iCUE running to get the rainbow wave effect on it, because for some reason, even though every other corsair device I own defaults to a rainbow wave, the mousepad defaults instead to spiral rainbow (seriously???).

With no onboard memory for the mousepad, is there any way I can either,

A) Get the default lighting effect to occur inside of iCUE (ideal solution)

B) Change the mousepad lighting to Rainbow Wave without iCUE running (or at least without effecting my other device's lighting)

For the fans, can't you use COLOR WRAP to get the effect?

Another possibility would be a custom effect, with a rainbow for each fan with a slight delay.

As for the mousepad, you can't store hardware profiles on it due to hardware limitations (no onboard storage available). However, maybe it could be possible to change the firmware to get the desired effect, but in order to do so Corsair has to offer this possibility.

For the fans, can't you use COLOR WRAP to get the effect?

Another possibility would be a custom effect, with a rainbow for each fan with a slight delay.

As for the mousepad, you can't store hardware profiles on it due to hardware limitations (no onboard storage available). However, maybe it could be possible to change the firmware to get the desired effect, but in order to do so Corsair has to offer this possibility.

I don't know how I missed color warp... I thought I tried every single lighting effect. Thank you so much, color warp is indeed (edit: NOT) the default effect, my apologies for missing that.

Unfortunately now I have to diagnose why 2 of my front fans aren't taking the color warp lighting effect correctly (they're just doing spiral rainbow instead). I don't think it's my lighting setup in iCUE, but I'll have to investigate and see.

Edit: It seems to think the chassis lighting is a fan... I'm guessing because I didn't hook the chassis lighting up to the copro included with the 1000D, and instead to my separately purchased 1000D. Guess I'll switch this around and see if it fixes the issue. Thank you again.

Edit 2: Switching the chassis lighting to the CoPro included with the 1000D alleviated the issue with the fans. Odd to me that you have to hook up the Chassis lighting to that CoPro specifically, but no biggy. I am now unable to get Color Warp working on the chassis lighting, but that's not a huge deal (I realize it's not an option for chassis lighting, what I mean is that I can't get that effect to happen for the chassis lighting). When I had things incorrectly hooked up before, then Rainbow Wave acted like color warp on the chassis lighting. Not sure how to replicate that... maybe with a bunch of custom effects or something (the sequential effect is nice if it didn't loop around the LEDs and instead did a wave through them).

Anyways, thank you so much for the help.

Edit 3: Color warp is not the default effect. They're similar, but if you do color warp compared to simply closing iCUE, they are still different.

Edited by Crateria
corrections to not lead others astray

• 7 months later...

Shortly after making my last post I realized color warp isn't the same and gave up on this, and instead now I run iCUE at start of computer to load my fan curve profiles, and then close it so that I can have the default lighting profile. My apologies for not coming back and updating my post for the sake of other users.

While color warp is the closest to the default lighting, it isn't the same, and the default lighting that runs when iCUE is closed is still the best imo. It appears others feel the same way (from reading other posts). Is there any update from the devs on when this lighting profile will be added to iCUE?

You can get that effect by going to Lighting setup and select 6 RGB Light Strips are connected.

Then go to Lighting Channel 1 and select Spiral Rainbow under Lighting Link. :laughing:

So in short, configure it as LED strips and use the Spiral Rainbow effect under Lighting Link.

Edited by NickyNiclas