The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM
dingo0613's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833527
dingo0613 Reputation: 10
Default Computer won't boot after installing Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8gb)

I have been running Corsair Vengeance (2x4gb @ 1600 MHz) memory in my pc for around 5 years with no issue. Last night I purchased and installed Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8gb @ 1866 MHz). I overclocked in the BIOS of my MSI board to match everything at 1866 MHz and it booted up no problem. Following this I restarted and from this point forward was never able to boot into Windows 10 again.

The computer continuously boot cycles without the monitors going live or me seeing the bios screen. If I remove the CMOS battery for a little bit before turning it on again I can access the BIOS and it recognizes my memory and everything but all settings are default including my hard drive settings that are now IDE instead of AHCI like they previously were. If I leave the settings as IDE then it tries to boot, the monitors become active and tells me that it cannot access the boot device (this is expected since the ssd was formatted with AHCI). The problem is that if I switch to AHCI in that first boot, it will not even try to boot and the monitors will not go active.

I have tried everything with even the original memory or even just one stick of the original memory but the problem is the same. PLEASE HELP!!! I am freaking out.

- Eric

Old 02-09-2016, 03:02 AM

POST ID # = 835874
Davie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo0613 View Post
I have been running Corsair Vengeance (2x4gb @ 1600 MHz) memory in my pc for around 5 years with no issue. Last night I purchased and installed Corsair Vengeance Pro (2x8gb @ 1866 MHz). I overclocked in the BIOS of my MSI board to match everything at 1866 MHz and it booted up no problem. Following this I restarted and from this point forward was never able to boot into Windows 10 again.

The computer continuously boot cycles without the monitors going live or me seeing the bios screen. If I remove the CMOS battery for a little bit before turning it on again I can access the BIOS and it recognizes my memory and everything but all settings are default including my hard drive settings that are now IDE instead of AHCI like they previously were. If I leave the settings as IDE then it tries to boot, the monitors become active and tells me that it cannot access the boot device (this is expected since the ssd was formatted with AHCI). The problem is that if I switch to AHCI in that first boot, it will not even try to boot and the monitors will not go active.

I have tried everything with even the original memory or even just one stick of the original memory but the problem is the same. PLEASE HELP!!! I am freaking out.

- Eric
i had this when i upgraded my board. i was lucky and got into safe mode after some messing about.but it was messed up so just redid windows

Tags
bios, boot, memory, upgrade