Corsair Community

[3.20.80]Commander Pro Performance Tab Missing

gcseed

Hi Guys,

I realized that my performance tab is missing from the commander pro sometimes in the iCUE app. It is there sometimes when I start up the computer, and it's gone most of the times. I have reinstalled my windows 10 pro a few times, and it is the same result. I am currently running a custom loop with 3 fans and a pump connected to the fan controllers, and I tried disconnecting them and trying new fans, but still no luck. I have reconnected all the cables and now I can only imagine it's a software problem... Please help! Thanks a lot! Here are some screenshots too:

Best,

GCSEED

20191002_021318_iCUE.thumb.png.f35c9ccec8ac40f4fc4a86cc5084387d.png

20191002_021345_iCUE.thumb.png.15b036f3682e5b67d146ddf10d221b62.png

hwinfo does this, close it down and restart the corsair service and it'll reappear

i've reported it with a support ticket and been ignored (and in general been treated rudely when i reported it here on the forum too, because people confused it with different issues)

hwinfo does this, close it down and restart the corsair service and it'll reappear

i've reported it with a support ticket and been ignored (and in general been treated rudely when i reported it here on the forum too, because people confused it with different issues)

There really isn't anything that Corsair can do. If you use HWInfo, you should disable Corsair Link/Asetek support AND disable the persistent driver. HWInfo interferes with iCUE. As Corsair doesn't make HWInfo, they can't change it. Fortunately, you can turn it off.

There really isn't anything that Corsair can do. If you use HWInfo, you should disable Corsair Link/Asetek support AND disable the persistent driver. HWInfo interferes with iCUE. As Corsair doesn't make HWInfo, they can't change it. Fortunately, you can turn it off.

it still crashes WITH those disabled. This is the problem i've been reporting and getting ignored/treated rudely over.

You do those steps, it doesn't fix it. The commander pro/corsair service crashes and stays crashed unless you know to manually reset the service. Quitting icue doesn't fix it, restarting the PC doesnt fix it. ONLY restarting the service.

Corsair service crashes when a third party program is ran.

This is corsairs problem. Not HWinfo. No you cant turn it off.

So ...

HWInfo is accessing Corsair's hardware. Now, they (at HWInfo) know that these hardware devices run in exclusive mode (one app can access them).

And somehow it's Corsair's problem?

For the record, all of the Asetek coolers have this same problem. ALL of them.

I run HWInfo regularly, by the way. Don't have this issue with either of my CoPros.

Edited by DevBiker

• 5 months later...

Found this thread because I'm also having this problem. Closed HWInfo and restarted Corsair service, and bingo the Performance tab appears under the Commander Pro in iCue.

Now, unfortunately i use HWInfo for a monitoring skin in Rainmeter. Anyone know of a different monitoring software that could be run without interfering with iCue?

Found this thread because I'm also having this problem. Closed HWInfo and restarted Corsair service, and bingo the Performance tab appears under the Commander Pro in iCue.

Now, unfortunately i use HWInfo for a monitoring skin in Rainmeter. Anyone know of a different monitoring software that could be run without interfering with iCue?

If you disable Corsair Link / Asetek support in the Safety tab in HWInfo's settings, you should be OK.

that doesnt fix it, HWinfo and copro are incompatible.

Huh. Really? Quite odd. I run HWInfo and iCUE on multiple machines (4, to be exact, both AMD and Intel systems) with exactly those settings. No issues at all. Do it all the time.

The performance tab is lost because only a single app can access the hardware device at a time. With HWInfo, if you enable Corsair Link/Asetek support, that's what happens, sooner or later - both iCUE and HWInfo try to access the MCU in the CoPro at the same time and the CoPro freaks out. If you disable it, that won't happen.

Oh ... and you also need to unload the persistent driver. This is the default for the portable version but not if you install, IIRC.