Corsair Community

RGB MX Blue no longer being offered?

Reonar Dauth

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just at CanadaComputers and was told that their system shows all K70 RGB versions as discontinued, I was all ready to buy a K70 RGB MX Red... They said it might be due to a hardware revision that hasn't been released yet, but that was speculation on their part.

That's what I thought too, but someone in the "where to buy vengeance..." thread claimed a rep told them via email that the MX Blue models have been discontinued. I'm hoping that is because of the issues with mushy keys they were having and they're just getting new model numbers or something.

I'm hoping someone official can shed some light on this. I've been waiting months to buy a k70 w/ MX Blue and would like to know if I should give up.

I really hope they are not permanently discontinuing the blue switches. I have had a pre-order in with NewEgg since September, and I just got an email today saying it was canceled.

I registered with the forum just to say: there are several of us who are (were?) very excited about this keyboard! Please don't kill it! Between me and my friends, I know of 4 pre-orderes that got canceled this morning by NewEgg. :eek:

I'll just hang in there with my K95 (non-RGB) until I hear more. I really love my K95, and was all psyched up for having the Blue switches. :[pouts:

957764552_PreOrderCancelled.thumb.png.fc3183e5a5a74d018b862a1224488b54.png

I find it interesting that it says you requested it. I'm disappointed to hear that the pre-orders are being discontinued and am even more eager to hear an official statement on this.

I already sold my old keyboard in order to buy a MX Blue as soon as they got in stock, and to see them disappearing is discouraging.

Just to chime in on the discussion: I also have a pre-order for an RGB Blue-Switch keyboard, but mine is through Amazon and thus far has not been cancelled.

Bit of speculation: Enough time passed (roughly 90 days?) without the retailer being able to fulfill the orders in question and so the orders were cancelled? Maybe there is some sort of filter for this sort of thing that caused this... rather than a discontinuation of the product. Though it is suspicious that I cant seem to find a product page for the blue switch keyboards anywhere* anymore... very suspicious indeed.

*Anywhere being Newegg and Amazon. I didn't look further afield than that.

The fact that it was removed from Corsairs product page on the same day as Amazon and Newegg would make me think there was more to it than just being removed for inactivity. The fact that they disappeared with no statement from corsair is what makes me mad. If I can't get RGB MX Blues indefinitely I'll get Browns the next time they're available, but I'd rather wait out Blues if I know they'll be here eventually.

I don't know if Corsair is discontinuing the blues to fix issues or not. They seem to ignore the blues by announcing the vengeance k70 in only browns or reds and the k95 in only reds. I don't understand why a company would completely remove a product from their pages considering all the keyboards are out of stock.

I just want a response no matter how vague. A simple "Yes, they're still being developed and will be available again in the 'near' future." or "The RGB MX Blue model has been discontinued, for reasons." would be good enough for me. I've had my heart set on one of these and I want to give Corsair my money(even if I have to buy a MX Brown), but they're not making it easy.

Well, all these delays, bugs and issues are going to cost Corsair... Many are cancelling their orders, others are being cancelled by the online shops. I have been waiting and waiting for the K95 RGB MX Blue to come out and now this! I really use the 18 Macro keys a lot and so this was the only option for me to get a mechanical KB... But not know that I've seen you can by dedicated 'Macro Keypads'... So now I will get another make of keyboard and a Macro pad...

Delays with the launch off the 800D chassis meant I ended up getting a non-corsair make as well.

The only thing from Corsair I would now recommend is their memory, but there are now many other just as good makes and models of that now.

It seems by all the posts on here that buyers of these keyboards are being used as unpaid beta testers! A lot of these bugs should never have been there in the first place.

If Razer had an open SDK like Corsairs,which I think Razer is working on,I'd pick up the Chroma. Typing on is was just a joy. If Razer can get their SDK out before Corsair gets more keyboards out,Corsair is going to lose tons of business. I have the K65 now,but I'd get the Razer Chroma and take back the Corsair. I have til Jan 15th to do so.

According to what was said here in this forum post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=742125 A Corsair Technical Marketer came out and stated that the Blue Key Switches are universally out of stock and that they would not be receiving anymore until late December/ Early January when they will be able to put them out on shelves again and I haven't found any other statements made yet.

However, I believe strongly that the reason they removed the Blue key switch option on their website is to prevent any more orders from being made so they don't have any more angry and or impatient customers waiting for something that could possible take awhile. That is also why they canceled any standing purchases of the keyboard so that they could take time to make more of them. As well as check for problems or defects. Just my thoughts on the matter but hopefully soon enough we will be getting word of what is going on. But as for this moment I am going to sit and wait it out for a bit before I decide to go a different path if the Blue Switches are indeed discontinued for the RGB line of keyboards.

According to what was said here in this forum post: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=742125 A Corsair Technical Marketer came out and stated that the Blue Key Switches are universally out of stock and that they would not be receiving anymore until late December/ Early January when they will be able to put them out on shelves again and I haven't found any other statements made yet.

However, I believe strongly that the reason they removed the Blue key switch option on their website is to prevent any more orders from being made so they don't have any more angry and or impatient customers waiting for something that could possible take awhile. That is also why they canceled any standing purchases of the keyboard so that they could take time to make more of them. As well as check for problems or defects. Just my thoughts on the matter but hopefully soon enough we will be getting word of what is going on. But as for this moment I am going to sit and wait it out for a bit before I decide to go a different path if the Blue Switches are indeed discontinued for the RGB line of keyboards.

I have to agree with you on your reasoning. From my understanding of things it seems Corsair had an exclusive deal with Cherry on their RGB switches in that Cherry's RGB switches would only be available to Corsair for 'said' period of time. How long that time period is...who knows. If Cherry is behind and now having to fulfill commitments to other vendors, it only makes sense that things will take awhile to sort out.

Archived