The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-29-2014, 02:52 PM
markob53's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738699
markob53 Reputation: 10
Default Really slow Windows boot up since buying K70 & M65

Hi Everyone,

Had a google and couldn't see this issue anywhere else really, just bought the K70 RGB and M65 RGB, downloaded software, updated firmware and when i've rebooted multiple times and the bios splash screen just sits there for minutes before it decides to boot into Windows.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:36 PM
markob53's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738708

Ok i worked out it was to do with the a 'Unknown USB Device' error in the device manager, i disabled it and now it boots up fine.

Doesn't seem to be any fix for the 'Unknown USB Device' error though?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Glen_Accounting's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738754
Glen_Accounting Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by markob53 View Post
Ok i worked out it was to do with the a 'Unknown USB Device' error in the device manager, i disabled it and now it boots up fine.

Doesn't seem to be any fix for the 'Unknown USB Device' error though?
I've had the exact same problem. Waiting to find out how to fix. Might just return it though :(

Old 10-29-2014, 07:33 PM
markob53's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen_Accounting View Post
I've had the exact same problem. Waiting to find out how to fix. Might just return it though :(
I noticed i only get the error when both the usb headers are plugged in, If you have a USB 3.0 socket you only need to plug one of the headers in (the one with the keyboard on it) since doing that i don't get the error in device manager anymore.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Glen_Accounting's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738779
Glen_Accounting Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by markob53 View Post
I noticed i only get the error when both the usb headers are plugged in, If you have a USB 3.0 socket you only need to plug one of the headers in (the one with the keyboard on it) since doing that i don't get the error in device manager anymore.
Thanks Mark, I've tried that but no luck. right now I'm running it with one USB in a 2.0 at the moment. It took an hour to reinstall firmware (just to be safe), then I rebooted my system and same issue.

I've had the problem appear to resolve only to come back on a reboot or later in the same session, so please update if status reverts back!

Old 10-29-2014, 11:30 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 738804
Corsair James Reputation: 75

If you guys have USB 3.0, just use the USB connector with the keyboard icon and you can avoid using the aux USB power.

For those who have slow boot-up though, let me know what motherboard and BIOS version you have so I can pass it on. These tend to be USB enumeration issues with the motherboard.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 AM
markob53's PC Specs

POST ID # = 738897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
If you guys have USB 3.0, just use the USB connector with the keyboard icon and you can avoid using the aux USB power.

For those who have slow boot-up though, let me know what motherboard and BIOS version you have so I can pass it on. These tend to be USB enumeration issues with the motherboard.
The motherboard i have is an Asus Maximus Hero VII but like i say, getting rid of the usb error from device manager stopped the problem.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Samedh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739083
Samedh Reputation: 10
Default Are slow firmware updates the norm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen_Accounting View Post
Thanks Mark, I've tried that but no luck. right now I'm running it with one USB in a 2.0 at the moment. It took an hour to reinstall firmware (just to be safe), then I rebooted my system and same issue.

I've had the problem appear to resolve only to come back on a reboot or later in the same session, so please update if status reverts back!
From the post above, I understand that firmware updates to the K70 RGB took an hour... is this normal? I received a notice that I needed to update my firmware, downloaded and started applying. It's now 1.5 hours into the update, and 28% complete. It IS progressing, just extremely slowly.

We need an update of the application as well - I'm finding it extremely unstable in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

I ran into the extremely slow reboot/start times as well - connected to a USB 3.0 socket, disconnecting the second USB plug from the keyboard sped it up. Is that plug included only for machines that are older? Say all USB 2.0? Or is that somehow causing the EXTREMELY long firmware update times I'm experiencing?

Old 11-01-2014, 05:47 PM
markob53's PC Specs

POST ID # = 739426

Ok i was wrong about the issue being fixed.

My pc still sits at the motherboard manufacturer splash screen for ages and it's all since i bought this keyboard and mouse, it doesnt do it all the time though.

I even did a fresh install of Windows, and whenever i boot into windows i get a 'device connected' sound followed by 'device disconnected' sound.

Very annoying.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:23 PM
cor9's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740782
cor9 Reputation: 10

Is Corsair currently working on a fix for the long boot times?

It's still happening to me too, very annoying. BIOS is up to date (version 1.50 from end of September), and it doesn't matter whether I plug in my K70 in two USB 2.0 or one USB 3.0, it happens to me with both. Mainboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer.

Last edited by cor9; 11-09-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Reign's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740800
Reign Reputation: 10

Quote:

My motherboard is listed in my specs ( Asus Gryphon z87 ) with latest BIOS version 2103.

I'm experiencing slow start up, laggy UEFI bios and unknown device problems too.
Leaving the AUX power USB connector out seemed to fix the unknown device problem though.

Noticed the keyboards unresponsive in bios, safe mode, starting up and shutting down.

Lights stay on when the PC is off, but I fixed that by enabling ERP in bios. Would have been difficult if I didn't have UEFI bios, which has mouse support on account of the keyboard being unresponsive. Still took forever since it was slow and laggy, because of said keyboard.

CUE software causes Dead Island to crash when starting the game and other compatibility issues with steam/games.

My bios, chipset and all drivers are up to date.

Last edited by Reign; 11-10-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:50 AM
cor9's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741424
cor9 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor9 View Post
Is Corsair currently working on a fix for the long boot times?

It's still happening to me too, very annoying. BIOS is up to date (version 1.50 from end of September), and it doesn't matter whether I plug in my K70 in two USB 2.0 or one USB 3.0, it happens to me with both. Mainboard is ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer.
A reaction from Corsair would be very much appreciated :)
Today it took my pc 2 minutes to boot...

Old 11-12-2014, 10:05 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741425
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Quote:

Maximus VII Gene mobo here My PC takes 5 mins to boot. I unplug K70 keyboard and it takes 7 sec. Something is wrong with this keyboard.

fix this now please. Thinking of taking back keyboard and never buying another corsair product again TBH. Not happy!!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Sulle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741449
Sulle Reputation: 10

Its better to boot slow than not boot at all like it is for me. Astonishing they can release an unfinished product like this.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:01 PM

POST ID # = 741472
MesaMitch Reputation: 10

Same problem here forever to boot even with 2 128 samsung 840 pros in raid 0