The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 648770
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlastoria View Post
This happened with the initial release of the K60. I had an order in for months and the date kept slipping. I ordered my K60 on October 10, 2011, and it didn't arrive until December 20th. The release/ship date probably changed about six times during that timeframe. Always another week out...

It just seems that there really isn't any good information from Corsair so the retailers just keep guessing. I've never seen a manufacturer handle a product release like this before. As a consumer this kind of drives me in another direction since I don't have any idea if I am going to get this in a week or in six months....Unfortunately I'm limping along with broken hardware right now and really can't wait any longer.
Its not us that sets the release date actually. How it works is X company places Y orders from our factory. It ships over in Z period of time, and then at that point, its up to the retailer to process the inventory and sell it. We don't give release dates for this reason because everyone does it differently.

You also have to account for the fact that everyone orders the items at different times so they may not get the first batch of products and have to wait until inventory is replenished on our end. This will also vary on region and who does the distribution for your area. For example, Newegg as a whole does more volume in the US than most of EU's distributors combined. EU is further complicated in that they don't really have a Newegg either so they have to rely on an even longer chain of distribution to get their products.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 04-23-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 AM

POST ID # = 648871
erikiksaz Reputation: 10

My K70's coming from corsair on Thursday!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
low351's PC Specs

POST ID # = 650517
low351 Reputation: 10

I'm so excited, I'm picking mine up tonight, they put it aside for me at my local store!

Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 AM
darkhunt333's PC Specs

POST ID # = 650682
darkhunt333 Reputation: 10

I love it. Glad I returned the razor.

These mx reds are something else.

My mouse feels much more responsive on pass through. What's the polling rate and can I change it?

Last edited by darkhunt333; 05-03-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:41 AM

POST ID # = 650693
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

You cannot change any settings for the USB pass-through.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
HDriscoll's PC Specs

POST ID # = 650732
HDriscoll Reputation: 20

My K70 and Razer Abyssus (modded)

Old 05-03-2013, 11:50 AM

POST ID # = 650736
Falkentyne Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhunt333 View Post
I love it. Glad I returned the razor.

These mx reds are something else.

My mouse feels much more responsive on pass through. What's the polling rate and can I change it?
It's a passthrough, not a port/hub. It's no different than using a USB extension cable. If you're having problems attaching the mouse directly, to the *exact same port* that the passthrough is connected to, then most likely you have a damaged/defective cable, and attaching the mouse to the keyboard lessens wear on the cable, thus causing better response. Otherwise, there's no explainable difference.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:50 PM
darkhunt333's PC Specs

POST ID # = 651041
darkhunt333 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
It's a passthrough, not a port/hub. It's no different than using a USB extension cable. If you're having problems attaching the mouse directly, to the *exact same port* that the passthrough is connected to, then most likely you have a damaged/defective cable, and attaching the mouse to the keyboard lessens wear on the cable, thus causing better response. Otherwise, there's no explainable difference.
The mouse had a lot of friction with the edge of the desk. Perhaps it's because that's not an issue using the usb passthrough.

BTW,
The default polling rate on windows 8 is 500hz(2ms). There is no way to increase this yet.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:33 PM
dogoku's PC Specs

POST ID # = 651866
dogoku Reputation: 10

I registered just to say thank you to anyone involved in creating this amazing product. Corsair, fixed every single issue I had with the K60 and even went beyond my expectations.

It's products like this, which reassure my confidence in Corsair and keeps me a fanboy.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 PM

POST ID # = 651886
rolodomo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogoku View Post
I registered just to say thank you to anyone involved in creating this amazing product. Corsair, fixed every single issue I had with the K60 and even went beyond my expectations.

It's products like this, which reassure my confidence in Corsair and keeps me a fanboy.
Just ordered one, the biggest problem I had with the product was deciding whether to buy the black/red lights or silver/blue lights! In the end I went with what I know and ordered silver/blue. I have the K90. I liked how the blue light reflects of the light metallic at night, creating an soothing blue-metallic halo effect (I really like the color blue) around the keyboard.

Still, I have a Storm Quickfire TKL and its red lights against black keyboard looks sharp, so I'm sure the red/black K70 looks very sharp.

Tough choice!!

Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 PM
low351's PC Specs

POST ID # = 651976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
The K60 was almost a mirror copy to the K90 already except for the wrist rest. The K70 will be no different, except this time, you'll be able to choose either wrist rest to use.
So can you confirm that SKU# CH-8970001 is compatible with the K70? It doesn't mention it yet on the site. If it is I'm buying one tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:00 PM

POST ID # = 652009
Falkentyne Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolodomo View Post
Just ordered one, the biggest problem I had with the product was deciding whether to buy the black/red lights or silver/blue lights! In the end I went with what I know and ordered silver/blue. I have the K90. I liked how the blue light reflects of the light metallic at night, creating an soothing blue-metallic halo effect (I really like the color blue) around the keyboard.

Still, I have a Storm Quickfire TKL and its red lights against black keyboard looks sharp, so I'm sure the red/black K70 looks very sharp.

Tough choice!!
You made a good choice. Red is more striking, but blue is far more pleasing to look at. I went with blue/silver and didnt regret it one bit.

The sharp white Leds on the Logitech G710+ look nice too, but aren't as pleasing. They still look better than vicious red, though.....

Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 AM
low351's PC Specs

POST ID # = 652062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
You made a good choice. Red is more striking, but blue is far more pleasing to look at. I went with blue/silver and didnt regret it one bit.

The sharp white Leds on the Logitech G710+ look nice too, but aren't as pleasing. They still look better than vicious red, though.....
The red/black looks incredible. Stargazers use red light to read maps because it has a minimal effect on night vision. Blue light has the opposite effect. I love blue lights but the black keyboard was too good to pass on.

The only thing is that now my M60 blue light doesn't match it, if they come out with a mouse that has red or is switchable I'm all over it.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Jodokall's PC Specs

POST ID # = 652310
Jodokall Reputation: 10

I have decided I am going to wait to see if Corsair releases a military green variation on this keyboard. I already have the green C70, the green Vegeance RAM and the green M65, so why would I clash with a black or silver keyboard?

C'mon Corsair, release a special edition green K70 for those of us who bought your other OD green Vengeance products!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:29 PM
EVGA Enthusiast
aka_STEVE_b's PC Specs

POST ID # = 652326
aka_STEVE_b Reputation: 10

I registered to say how awesome my new K70 feels ( SMOOOOOTH) build quality seems real nice and DAMN my Red / Black version is awesome...matches all my other red Corsair products & lights.

Intel X79 Core i7-3820~ Asrock X79 Extreme 6~ AMD RADEON HD 7970~ CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3-2133~ CORSAIR Vengeance C-70 Military Green case~ CORSAIR AX1200 PSU~ CORSAIR Force GT 240 Gig SSD~ CORSAIR H80i liquid cooler~ CORSAIR Vengeance M65 Military green mouse~ CORSAIR K70 mech. keyboard~ Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 -2TB Hd~ G35 Headset in Dolby Digital 7.1~ Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED @ 1920 X 1200~ Win 7 x64

*OH , & RAMGUY rocks * he helped me out on a small issue *

Last edited by aka_STEVE_b; 05-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.