Corsair Community

iCUE v3.23.66 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new version of iCue is saying that it as detected a Hydro X on my Commander Pro which I do not have. I have a Corsair H100i SE Platinum.

I got that (the "Hydro X Detected" button). In my case I moved my temperature probes to port 2 on each of my CoPro's and it went away. Corsair James told me that if you click the button you're able to say you don't have a Hydro X and continue and it won't ask again.

Since updating, my function keys are duplicating numpad keys along with their normal function. Any ideas why this is happening? Need to resolve this asap...

That's basically what my problem was, only it was my number keys along the top along with a bunch of others. I fixed it by uninstalling and going back to version 3.21.8

Which of course deleted all my profiles since they were now for an uncompatible version. So, do it at your own risk.

I got that (the "Hydro X Detected" button). In my case I moved my temperature probes to port 2 on each of my CoPro's and it went away. Corsair James told me that if you click the button you're able to say you don't have a Hydro X and continue and it won't ask again.

Thank you , Ill try moving the probe.

Even worse, my pc randomly crashing and restart after I update to 3.23.66 and my Commander pro still auto disconnect and reconnect to the MOBO(prime x570 pro), the problem is not solve yet.

I've spent the last day reinstalling my OS on a new X570 Gigabyte Xtreme motherboard.

Turns out.. Installing the latest 3.23.66 update completely black screen bricks your system. (after reinstalling I've found that the 'hard crash' happens with MSI afterburner and Riva statistics server) .. I'm talking crashing so bad with 100% cpu utilization that I'm unable to CTRL + ALT + DEL and system repair from a win10 boot drive cannot repair. I had to reformat the drive and install from square one. Every instance of this crashing starts exactly after installing iCUE. How can a simple 'control' RGB software cause so many issues. and why does it have to have resident services it installs on the machine. So even if the PC is 'locked' you cannot access rgb functionality. IE. why doesn't the software tell some firmware on the RGB devices which profile to use.. then close the thing out (or uninstall it?) and leave the rgb effects running.

Either way I have a k95 keyboard, dark se mouse and bought a x680 crystal case like a dumb ***, I went to the point of just going with default rainbow puke RGB, but on the mouse specifically I can't use the side buttons without icue installed.

Corsair fix this please, or atleast let us download a legit 'stable version' and have all these new fixes applied to some beta pipeline, because this has been out well over a year and it's still trash. The lighting on my fans should not have an impact on my FPS in games or if my entire OS crashes (or even loads)

Updating iCUE is becoming a riskier endeavor than installing windows updates lately (not good)

Edited by PSiKoTiC

That's basically what my problem was, only it was my number keys along the top along with a bunch of others. I fixed it by uninstalling and going back to version 3.21.8

Which of course deleted all my profiles since they were now for an uncompatible version. So, do it at your own risk.

That's what i figured, unfort but necessary it seems...

• Corsair Employee
Profiles are still broken from the 3.22.74 upgrade and still no answers from Corsair - Good job.

When should we expect an answer?

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=191867

:feedback:

Please contact our tech support to address this issue. Its not profiles that are broken - there seems to be an issue with your detection of the device.

Please contact our tech support to address this issue. Its not profiles that are broken - there seems to be an issue with your detection of the device.

What?

Profiles worked fine till I updated to 3.22.74 and then the random key mapping happened. Could not downgrade from that version due to the "The profile selected is from a never version of iCUe and cannot be imported"

Then I updated to 3.23.66 and now the profiles are totally fubar. 3.23.66 tells me that "The profile selected is from a never version of iCUe and cannot be imported".

I get the first "The profile selected is from a never version of iCUe and cannot be imported". But the second? Never version than 3.23.66 going from 3.22.74 and even older? How does that compute?

And now you tell me that has to do with "my" detection of the device?

I did contact your support and got no answers (still and twice). Good job

I cannot play Battlefield V with this and the previous versions of iCUE running.

It intermittently delays my mouse input so when I move the mouse the movement arrives like 3/4th of a second layer. It's unplayable.

I have a K95 RGB Platinium keyboard and a Lighting Node Pro with 2xLL140 fans connected. NO MOUSE.

Its not once per day. Its once total.

Sorry, this isn't clear James. Are you saying it checks every time iCue is launched ("at startup") or only when it's initially installed.

If you look back through the comments this is confusing.

I believe James mean when the program is being installed i.e. The installation program needs Net access.

Wow, ultra-super-glad I came and read this before updating. Learned my lesson last time. Just going to stick with .88 as it does this really cool thing... it works... AND I get to use my number row, F keys, and not have to delete all of my macros which unironically are there to save people time, but it just wasn't important enough to address right now lol?

And now the DRM type of stuff? Are you kidding me Corsair? What, are people trying to sell knock-offs? It's not like you can fake your level of quality that's about the only thing you guys got going forr you anymore. (Except for that repeating R that started a week or so ago, which I left on purpose because it reminded me to write this).

What?

Profiles worked fine till I updated to 3.22.74 and then the random key mapping happened. Could not downgrade from that version due to the "The profile selected is from a never version of iCUe and cannot be imported"

Then I updated to 3.23.66 and now the profiles are totally fubar. 3.23.66 tells me that "The profile selected is from a never version of iCUe and cannot be imported".

I get the first "The profile selected is from a never version of iCUe and cannot be imported". But the second? Never version than 3.23.66 going from 3.22.74 and even older? How does that compute?

And now you tell me that has to do with "my" detection of the device?

I did contact your support and got no answers (still and twice). Good job

This drives me nuts to begin with, why aren't these retroactive? Like, It's still iCue, it's the same physical device running the save firmware, there should be no issues whatsoever with this. Just a lazy workaround to minimize bugs (which apparently isn't working there guys, just throwing that out there).

This was my second premium mechanical keyboard from them and I also have a Scimitar RGB mouse as well as a bunch of other stuff. But now, Logitech is starting to look real good.

This is the first release in some six months that allows me to change the hardware lighting function of my devices without crashing the app. I'll never update it again.

Did you try deleting the cache in other versions? I had an issue where I couldn't access the lighting on my mouse that got fixed by this.