Corsair Community

Virtuoso Xbox Echo

zenki

My mic is picking up everything and echoing when I plug it into my xbox controller with the supplied 3.5mm chord. I have the setting on xbox set to the second from lowest setting on mic monitoring and it's still picking up the sound from the headset. Game volume is at 2nd from top, chat mixer is in the middle.

Also, does the volume knob not work when it's plugged into the controller?

I was under the assumption that this was the best headset out and so far, it's definitely not hit the mark. Went from a $50 Rig, to this and I'm not happy with it at all..

I have the same issue on my pc, xbox one, and ps4. Its the mic and the only thing you can do is turn down the volume or submit a ticket for a replacement mic. Seems like most people with this headset are experiencing this issue of over sensitivity. My wifes corsair h60 has the same problem so it also seems like its a corsair mic problem..

I can confirm this. There is no echo when connected to PC via wireless or USB.

But there is always an echo using the 3.5mm cable. It was first noticed when I used on Xbox One (party was saying they could hear an echo of everyone's voice and game sound), but I confirmed it does the same when connected to PC, android phone, and ps4 controller.

So essentially it is worthless to use with anything via 3.5mm.

And to note on using wireless on Xbox - it won't happen because Xbox has special sound drivers that don't work with standard usb sound (like PC and PS4 ironically.) The only way to work with xbox is via 3.5mm to the controller or with a headset specifically made for xbox one (like the turtle beach stealth 500/800x that uses a base station via USB/optical, Astro MixAmp pro connecting the same way, or SteelSeries Arctis 9x that connects to the console like a controller.) Speaking of which, like the MixAmp that allows you to connect any headset via 3.5mm, I am surprised nobody made a similar amp with a usb port to allow the usage of any wireless headset. Essentially it has all the hardware to allow chat and game sound from the xbox, but then passes to a usb port that a wireless like the virtuoso or a standard usb headset can plug into.

Edited by joet6683

I did a little more testing - it is only the Virtuoso mic using the 3.5mm cable.

You can use another mic like the vModa boom pro, I had no issues with that. But if I were to use that, I'd probably stick with using my vModa headset as well on Xbox (I bought the virtuoso for wireless on PC, and wanted to use on Xbox as well to have a gaming specific headset.)

Edited by joet6683

• 2 weeks later...
I have the exact same issue. I have found no solution to the problem. Using over 3.5mm causes a massive echo for party members. It would be nice to see usb support, especially at this price point. The plantronics RIG 800lx uses it through usb, wireless as well Edited by THEx4THxSEAL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issue here. Tested with xbox and other devices using 3.5mm jack.

People in the call can hear the echo even with the mic unplugged. With the mic plugged and muted they don't hear echo.

I have the latest version of iCue and the latest firmware update.

Would this be fixable with a firmware update? I really like the headset, but for me it is very important to work properly with the 3.5mm jack.

• 1 month later...
Same problem here. This headset just went from hero to zero. I have the latest firmware upgrade and it didn’t solve it. Just went through the testing with my best friend on PC and Xbox One. Specifically got this with the hopes of using it as a universal headset (thus the critical nature of the 3.5mm Jack functionality) and this ruins that. And at this price point there’s absolutely no excuse for this.