Corsair Community

Fully custom Corsair One 2019, need your advise

arkitec

I also replaced the stock MSI motherboard with the ASRock Z390 Phantom gaming mini-ITX/ac, and it is indeed almost a simple swap.

Be aware that the power switch cable is too short by a couple inches as the system connector is much lower on the ASRock motherboard compared to the MSI,

Quite happy.

Oh yes, i forgot to mention that. I did the same and simply soldered an extension cable to the power button.

I believe I was the one who mentioned that RodT lol. I went searching for the missing VirtualLink port when I realized the i160 didn't have it and found that it was still on the card.

I knew I had seen that thread somewhere lol.

As well for anyone trying the MB swap, at least with the ASRock board, iQue software works perfectly. The AIO pumps are detected, the main fan is also and adjustable as before (i.e. quiet mode or full-blast performance mode), and the front LED accent light bars are addressable and configurable. Basically the only thing that would indicate the MSI board was replaced is the boot logo (oh...and it runs faster, cooler and has Thunderbolt 3).

Edited by RodT

I believe all the Corsair One iCUE settings are in the pump itself. That way if you ever have to replace a part (motherboard or otherwise) all the cooling and fan settings will stay the same. This is also why if the pump ever went out I believe you would have to send the system in and have them service it as even if you were able to replace the pump, it would no longer be recognized as the same system in iCUE.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the i160 but wondering if a Corsair one with the new Ryzen is coming..?

If I pull the trigger now I would love to do the motherboard swap with the ASRock as well as a fan swap.

Which fan do you find is the best yet still is fairly quiet?

Or do I just wait for an updated version..?

• 2 months later...
So, the motherboard included is going to have limitations in place in BIOS in order to ensure surface components don't overheat.

I'll have to go back and play with the i160 some more to see if I can reproduce your issues. I'm working on having an overclocking-enabled BIOS for the i180 produced, if there are issues with the i140/i160's motherboard BIOS in terms of letting customers play with the settings and tweak their systems I'll want to make sure those issues are resolved.

Hi Dustin, Any word on the overclocking i180 bios ?

• 8 months later...
I also replaced the stock MSI motherboard with the ASRock Z390 Phantom gaming mini-ITX/ac, and it is indeed almost a simple swap.

Be aware that the power switch cable is too short by a couple inches as the system connector is much lower on the ASRock motherboard compared to the MSI, so

Also replaced the exhaust fan with a Noctua industrial (black) 2K RPM, no issue at all; almost same speed except under extreme loads, and thermals about a couple degres C lower compared to stock corsair under same load conditions.

Quite happy.

i have the same fan. replaced it and it only work on 0 or 2000rpm. how did you manage to make it work at differant rpms?

i have the same fan. replaced it and it only work on 0 or 2000rpm. how did you manage to make it work at differant rpms?

Mine works fine with variable RPM.

It's the NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000 PWM.

I suspect you don't have the same one. There is another model without PWM (NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000), with 3-pin FAN connector. That one will only work at full speed 2000RPM or not at all, as you describe.

Mine works fine with variable RPM.

It's the NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000 PWM.

I suspect you don't have the same one. There is another model without PWM (NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000), with 3-pin FAN connector. That one will only work at full speed 2000RPM or not at all, as you describe.

im pretty sure i had the 4 pin pwm, itz had 4 pins and the box said its the pwm model.. i send back and they said pwm works fine.. i think i needed to reinstall icue.. to late now.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I just bought a NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000 IP67 and I have the same issue..no luck making the fan adhering to the cooling curve. I have tried reinstalling icue and even Windows 10, to no avail. I cannot figure it out, think it's a defective fan?