Corsair Community

Are there going to be any Lightning Nodes?

GTXJackBauer

Are there going to be multi-channel lighting nodes for the LEDs instead of the single channel on the Commander Mini?

I had a old lightening node fail on me as well as the CL Mini and only got 2 mini's returned. I was hoping I'd get the lightning node because it at least had 2 channels as opposed to the CL mini's 1. I had also purchased two orders of extra LEDs and installed them in my case. The plan was to have different zones of color in the different zones of the case but I can't do that no more.

From what I realize, Corsair has been switching the CL line so much while the CL doesn't work as intended its become a big joke while still banking on customers. I've spent over $200+ from first release of CL until now and because of this joke I've fallen for it and now I'm looking to spend over $300+ on a premium product to replace the whole dam CL out of my PC for once and for all.

I still would like to know if there are any plans of bring out a LED controller with multi channels with the CL software I only use for my PSU.

It's in the cards but a ways out.

I am very happy to hear that =D

I've been working on my Corsair Link build for a good while now as it takes me an age to put the cash aside for parts, I had been hoping that these would come out again before I was finished =)

Actually I will probably end up finishing the case and aesthetics then move straight into saving up for new components to swap into it that aren't out of date the way I am going just now lol.

Also really hope that CL4 will allow me to group different LED channels for when I do want them to be the same, hint, hint ;)

It's in the cards but a ways out.

What is wrong with the old lighting node other than its antiquated molex power connection? The lighting node functions perfectly especially with the new longer lighting strands. I see no reason to design a new lighting node when the old one is perfect.

Archived