Corsair Community

Massive Problems with iCUE 3.26.95 release

Gardenah

Hello,

I've recently installed the ICUE in my new desktop and I got several problems.

First was it suddenly shutdown w/o doing anything. The ICUE icon sometimes disappear from the Task Bar.

Second, when it does not shutdown, there is no recognize of the mouse buttons of my M65 Pro. To force it recognize I need to execute the ICUE as a window and let it opened so the programs and games can recognize the mouse buttons.

I've already removed and reinstalled the ICUE but these problems persists.

What should I do?

Thanks in Advance

3.26.95 is hot garbage. Crashes all the time with no consistent reasoning. Even crashes right after startup of the computer.

Type lighting is even out of sync. LS100 is now last to go instead of one of the first things. Looks stupid now.

Im going back to 3.25.60. That is probably what I would do.

Where do I find it? Tried on google but all links always send me to the last version even saying that is 3.25.60 in the link.

:[pouts:

Edited by Gardenah

Same here, iCUE crashed first time I woke from sleep on 3.26.95. Uninstalled and reverted back to 3.25.60 and all is good.

Considering this is becoming a normal thing (i.e. iCUE updates causing major issues and bugs), Corsair REALLY needs to provide easy access to older versions of iCUE without having to 1) know the original version number and 2) manually edit a link to get it. I mean, I can think of VERY few manufacturers who don't have links to older versions specifically for this very reason.

On top of that, I REALLY wish the "Check for Updates" button didn't just automatically throw you into an update. Rather, it should check for later versions, PROMPT YOU FIRST, and then have you confirm the update. I can think of ZERO times I've been thrown into an update just by checking for latest versions from ANY other manufacturer/consumer electronic product other than maybe Microsoft Windows. And 1) Corsair ain't no Microsoft, 2) Microsoft fixed that after people complained about it.

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_x.xx.xx_release.msi

Just replace the x.xx.xx with the version you want.

This worked for me after trying to debug the latest version. Saving this for later to make sure I keep an msi install backup when I need to revert. Thank you sir.

3.26.95 is hot garbage. Crashes all the time with no consistent reasoning. Even crashes right after startup of the computer.

Type lighting is even out of sync. LS100 is now last to go instead of one of the first things. Looks stupid now.

I think you meant iCue is hot garbage; any version!

This version is just exceptionally bad! Still, I think the crash in this version is nicer than silently no longer updating the values it reads from HW (and thus fan speeds not being updated), plus with this crash it's easy to nice, since case lights go back to HW defaults.

My Icue was working correctly then some updates got installed by windows and everything stopped working correctly, these are recent updates.

I recommend uninstalling any recent ones and checking the icue software again.

They stop my macros from working and such.

Hey!

I have a M65 RGB Elite. It was working fine until few days ago. I didn't do anything, but i remember updating iCue to 3.26.95 if i remember the number right. I see many others have this same problem that I have: Suddenly the mouse has been acting werid, it doesn't recognize all left mouse btn clicks. Tried to find solution but didn't find any. I've tried to uninstall iCue, get it's older versions, tried to unplug and plug back in the mouse, tried switchin usb ports, but no results. I have been thinking, is there some sort of onboard storage on the mouse, that would make it remember something that came with the new iCue update and ruined the LMB click? This is really frustrating. Does anyone know when they will fix this issue or will they even fix it? Please, I need to get this fixed.

If anyone has a fix for this or even ideas, please share with me. I'm really desperate with this after few older versions of iCUe and other tries of fixing.

Thanks, Anteroz

I have a M65 RGB Elite. It was working fine until few days ago. I didn't do anything, but i remember updating iCue to 3.26.95 if i remember the number right. I see many others have this same problem that I have: Suddenly the mouse has been acting werid, it doesn't recognize all left mouse btn clicks. Tried to find solution but didn't find any. I've tried to uninstall iCue, get it's older versions, tried to unplug and plug back in the mouse, tried switchin usb ports, but no results. I have been thinking, is there some sort of onboard storage on the mouse, that would make it remember something that came with the new iCue update and ruined the LMB click? This is really frustrating. Does anyone know when they will fix this issue or will they even fix it? Please, I need to get this fixed.

We probably should work this out in a new thread since this is more of a general 3.26 complaint thread. You have an issue, but there is no "left click bug" in this release. However, the M65 can have issues with this and you need to determine if it is software or physical.

1) Quit iCUE from the App tray or Task Manager. Does left click functionality return? If yes, then it is a software issue -- most likely a corrupt install vs "bug". Go to the Windows Settings -> App List. Click on iCUE, select modify, then follow the prompts for a repair installation. Left click is a native OS function and any time you see problem with those (LMB, RMB, middle click, side buttons), it usually is going to be a corrupt install.

2) If quitting iCUE did not change anything, then it may be a physical problem. Unfortunately, there are some really long threads with this title in the forum. I have 5 M65 and have never experienced this, but clearly others have. I don't know why it happens, but there may be more info in those threads. I would start a support ticket with Corsair with an eye toward replacing the mouse under warranty.

We probably should work this out in a new thread since this is more of a general 3.26 complaint thread. You have an issue, but there is no "left click bug" in this release. However, the M65 can have issues with this and you need to determine if it is software or physical.

1) Quit iCUE from the App tray or Task Manager. Does left click functionality return? If yes, then it is a software issue -- most likely a corrupt install vs "bug". Go to the Windows Settings -> App List. Click on iCUE, select modify, then follow the prompts for a repair installation. Left click is a native OS function and any time you see problem with those (LMB, RMB, middle click, side buttons), it usually is going to be a corrupt install.

2) If quitting iCUE did not change anything, then it may be a physical problem. Unfortunately, there are some really long threads with this title in the forum. I have 5 M65 and have never experienced this, but clearly others have. I don't know why it happens, but there may be more info in those threads. I would start a support ticket with Corsair with an eye toward replacing the mouse under warranty.

I'm quite sure it's not hardware problem, my mouse is only about 3 months old. And the problems came about on the same time when I updated iCue. But I'll try quitting iCue etc as you said. Also how do I clear the mouse onboard storage? I found a button for that in iCue settings, and it said it would delete all profiles for the mouse, but pressing it 2 times, it did not even delete or clear the profiles. Also what is a support ticket? I wouldn't want to replace the mouse either because im 95% sure it's not physical/hardware problem, and I wouldn't want to go through all that because I feel like it would be unneccesary.

So, yesterday evening, the problem vanished. I don't remember doing anything other than restarting iCue service and updating firmware in iCUe settings. However the problem has returned and the fixes I listed won't work anymore. Also quitting iCue from task manager and stopping corsair services did not work. Even the problem resists, I still strongly believe it's not hardware issue, because it registers about half of the clicks, and the problem got away for few hours. I also noticed that if I click pressing hard on the more inner/ back side of the button, the click works. But that is not the case either, since if I click normally on the front side of the button lightly, I can still hear a normal click and before that worked perfectly. This is really frustrating and strange.

I have 8x Vengeance RGB Pro's. With this version of Icue, the lights lagging sometimes. This lagg is also noticeable ingame as a stutter. I guess 8x RGB Pro peaks sometimes at my cpu cores, because with 4 memory modules i didnt had this lagg.

This new update sucks ***. It's constantly turning profiles on and off by itself. And then crashing and shutting down and removing it self from the task bar. I think this new ICUE has COVID19 and need to be put to sleep and updated ASAP.

Ever since I installed this update my computer hasn't been the same since. The LED's in my Vengeance RGB Pro Ram doesn't work anymore. At one point when trying to get them to work again, the profile for my Corsair h150i PRO RGB cooler disappeared from iCUE but for some strange reason it popped back into existence and I didn't even do anything. The profiles for my ram disappeared from the iCUE and I have tried everything to get them back. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rolled back, unplugged, plugged in, and everything in between. I am currently running on an older version of iCUE and as far as iCUE is concerned now, my RGB ram is non existent and I cant do anything to get it back! This is really torking me off because after building a $5k computer, I expect everything to work as it should!!!

• 3 months later...

hello i have corsair crystal seiries 680 case and i use icue to control the rgb 3 months now.

2 days ago i buy corsair rams rgb. i do update to program to find the ram and after update i cant use my pc. all time have bugs or errors. when i close pc i take falt (error). i keep 2 days with this potition. after i uninstal the icue and my pc work like before. what is problem?

• 4 months later...

I installed iCue after getting a K70 Keyboard & Void Pro headset. all good on first install, but each subsequent update brought some issue or another. |The latest has been a nightmare to work out. I couldn't get my AMD Radeon Adrenaline software to install properly; the sound drivers were always missing no matter how many times I repaired, installed & uninstalled. Then I remembered the last iCue update the screen flickered, then returned to normal(this was about 2 months earlier). However, on each start up from cold & sometimes in between, my mouse cursor would stutter as it was moving around the screen, as if it was sticking every so often. I did the usual, uninstall re install of the mouse drivers, but only sorted until the next reboot. I then turned to the graphics drivers, after some research pointed that way. by this time I'm getting frustrated, as no joy. I then remember the iCue update problem. I uninstalled the iCue software &did a scan for left overs. Bam, the AMD drivers installed properly. Sound issues sorted as well. The mouse issue remained. Today, while looking for a setting in REGEDIT, I discovered a load of left over Corsair iCue files etc. Deleted all of them bar 1, as aparently it was in use, & now the sticky cursor issue is sorted.

I assume there is a Gremlin writing the iCue software at this time