The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2018, 06:32 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948088
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104
Default No DC fan control on Commander Pro? (iCUE 3.1.131)

I am still adjusting to some of the settings, but it appears I cannot control DC fans off the Commander Pro fan headers. I am on C-Pro FW 0.07.199 and I do remember the update last version enabling Auto selection/DC/PWM. I do not see that interface yet in iCUE. However, if it is supposed to auto select DC/PWM, it does not appear to be working for me. I ran NB Black Silent Pro, BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, Corsair SP140 LED, and an AF140 from fan header #1 and #2. All max out and stay there. Connecting a spare HD140 to the same headers provides the expected control at fixed, %, and curve points.

Did I miss a control setting?
Old 04-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948131
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I am still adjusting to some of the settings, but it appears I cannot control DC fans off the Commander Pro fan headers. I am on C-Pro FW 0.07.199 and I do remember the update last version enabling Auto selection/DC/PWM. I do not see that interface yet in iCUE. However, if it is supposed to auto select DC/PWM, it does not appear to be working for me. I ran NB Black Silent Pro, BeQuiet Silent Wings 3, Corsair SP140 LED, and an AF140 from fan header #1 and #2. All max out and stay there. Connecting a spare HD140 to the same headers provides the expected control at fixed, %, and curve points.

Did I miss a control setting?
Currently iCUE is relying on the COMMANDER PRO fan auto-detection. This may be hit or miss with certain fans which is why it was turned into a toggle in CL4. Thanks for the feedback and I'll log this for the dev team.
Closed Thread

Tags
cue 3, icue