Corsair Community

Are the LL120's/LL140's capable of holding two static colors at once yet?

Lurrie

As the title says, are the Light Loop series fans capable of having one static color in the outer ring and a different static color in the inner ring yet? I know this capability was conspicuously absent at launch, I just want to know if it has been integrated yet. This is the biggest dealbreaker for me. If the LL's are capable of doing this, I'm running out and buying them immediately, because I NEED them in my life. On the other hand, if they are NOT capable of doing this, then I don't care for them and will stick to my trusty HD140's/HD120's.

The only other thread I found on the topic was this one: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=938954 which had no definitive answers. I necro'ed the thread and got no responses, which, naturally, is why I'm making this new thread here.

I'll see about adding direct LED addressing to the custom controller firmware just in case there's a delay in getting the feature otherwise.

I'm sorry, who are you? Do you work for Corsair or something? What do you mean by "custom controller firmware"?

Not as of yet dude...

That is sad. If that (surprisingly basic) functionality is still absent on these fans, I guess I won't be buying them. I wish they did so I could, but if they can't, then I have no reason to purchase them. :(

I'm sorry, who are you? Do you work for Corsair or something? What do you mean by "custom controller firmware"?

Back when the HD120 RGBs had only the three button controller, I fussed around with making OSS firmware for an Arduino to make things better. Corsair eventually came out with the Lighting Node Pro and it was still feature-light in Corsair Link. They've gotten a bit better at it since the LLs were released, so I just cover features that the LNP/CCP lack on occasion.

I've been falling a bit behind. But since there are three or four things that could use direct addressing, I have reason to make it now.

I don't sell the custom controllers or make them for people, nor do I sell their parts. It's just DIY information that some folks have used. Hopefully Corsair continues development on CL to get things more up to date with user desires. Until then, a lot of us just make our own stuff.

Back when the HD120 RGBs had only the three button controller, I fussed around with making OSS firmware for an Arduino to make things better. Corsair eventually came out with the Lighting Node Pro and it was still feature-light in Corsair Link. They've gotten a bit better at it since the LLs were released, so I just cover features that the LNP/CCP lack on occasion.

I've been falling a bit behind. But since there are three or four things that could use direct addressing, I have reason to make it now.

I don't sell the custom controllers or make them for people, nor do I sell their parts. It's just DIY information that some folks have used. Hopefully Corsair continues development on CL to get things more up to date with user desires. Until then, a lot of us just make our own stuff.

So you contributed to the thread basically just to say "I'll figure out how to do it for myself, but the rest of you are on your own"...?

So you contributed to the thread basically just to say "I'll figure out how to do it for myself, but the rest of you are on your own"...?

More along the lines of "I'll get it working for all the people who use the custom controller." with the implication that you are fully allowed to use such as well, so you at least have the option somewhere even if Corsair doesn't provide it. You're not the only one who is displeased with Corsair's limitations.

As an update, it works now with the custom controller firmware. So if you decide to get LLs and have inside and outside different colors, you can get the parts from wherever you prefer and do so.

A quick and easy search on Charixfox's profile (which is accessible by clicking his profile name on his post) would reveal that he has shared a great deal of what he's learned here on this forum.

Perhaps it would be better to ask if he would share rather than getting snitty and assuming that he won't.

A quick and easy search on Charixfox's profile (which is accessible by clicking his profile name on his post) would reveal that he has shared a great deal of what he's learned here on this forum.

Perhaps it would be better to ask if he would share rather than getting snitty and assuming that he won't.

It was also partially my bad from the start. My original message was very quick and cryptic and not very forthcoming in details. I get overly-quick at times and forget that not everybody knows all the things. That and I'm extremely sensitive to feeling like I'm advertising something that's competing even though I'm not

Lurrie, I do the whole thing completely free on my own time and make it available to anybody who wants to use it. Though the controller is designed for the Corsair fans, it can also send LED signals to other destinations as well.

With the LL fans, the three-pack comes with a Lighting Node Pro (LNP), which makes the cost reduction of making the custom controller (At worst about $18 worth of parts) less efficient, but it's always an option, and I try to keep the firmware in a condition that makes it a useful extension over the capability of LNP and Corsair Link (CL).

An alternative if you get and connect the LNP would be to seek out any project that uses RGB.net, I believe. I'm not fully up to speed on that, but I think the deciphered the LNP and can take single-LED-level control. Whether there is a software package that allows inner/outer separation is also a question, but it might be worth looking into.

Archived