Corsair Community

My Intel BOXD975XBX2KR MB's Memory

rick9004

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on using a Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz CPU along with the TWIN2X2048-6400C4 Intel BOXD975XBX2KR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard.

1. Will I need to change the setting to make this work

2. Since I'm new to building systems, and not going to over-clock if at all, am I over buying what I need.

THanks

• 3 weeks later...
I am running the TWIN2X2048-6400C4's on the same board with the QX6700 without any problems. Using manual memory settings of (800MHz) 4-4-4-12 and 2.08 v. The default automatic memory setting also worked fine.

How is your system running? I have a QX6700 on order and I'm looking into the same motherboard/memory combo you have.

I'm mostly interested in stability, but I may look into moderate overclocking in the future. I'm having a hard time sorting through all the memory options Corsair offers and choosing the right ones. The price is right on the 6400C4 but I don't know if another option would be significantly better and/or less expensive for this processor. Any input would be great, thanks!

• 9 months later...

Hey Guys!

Just found this thread and was hoping to get some help.

I have the Intel D975XBX motherboard and was going to order the Core 2 quad Q6600.

The memory I have is the CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (CM2X1024-6400C4 G) .

I haven't opened the memory (if I need to resell it) but I was wondering if it will work with my motherboard okay.

Here's the link to the motherboard.

http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d975xbx/index.htm

My question is will this processor work fine or do I need another one?

Also my case is the Antec P182.

My power supply is the Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W.

My video card is the Asus Pci-en7600gs Silent/htd Series 512mb Ddr Pci-e Geforce Video Card.

Any help would be awesome! :D:

Best,

Jamie :cool:

http://www.corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=5191

TwinX memory is not currently listed for that board. Most likely the board does not support changing the memory voltage.

Hey Wired!

I did a search on the TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and what boards support it.

Check out what I found. :D:

Intel BOXD975XBXLKR

Intel BOXDP965LTCK

Intel D915GEV

Intel D915PCY

Intel D946GZAB

Intel D946GZIS

Intel D946GZTS

Intel D975XBX2

Intel DG33TL

Here's a pic.

http://stashbox.org/50708/1071013195156-My-Desktop.png

Seems like it does support the Bad Axe motherboard after all!

If I'm mistaken... please let me know!

Thanks,

• Corsair Employee
You would need to make sure the MB you plan to use will support setting the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and the Bad Axe 2 will allow that, but most of the other Intel MB's will not and I would suggest using Twin2x2048-6400C5DHX with these MB's or VS2GBKit667D2.

You would need to make sure the MB you plan to use will support setting the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and the Bad Axe 2 will allow that, but most of the other Intel MB's will not and I would suggest using Twin2x2048-6400C5DHX with these MB's or VS2GBKit667D2.

Thanks RAM GUY!

Since I have the Bad Axe 2 AND the TWIN2X2048-6400C4, should I ELL this memory and purchase the ones you mentioned above or... if I want to add 2 more gigs to the board... can I keep the 6400C4 and purchase one of the others above?

Thanks for you help!

Jamie

Yes, you can use the PC6400C4 with the BAD AXE 2. It's the "OTHER" Intel MOBOs that would run with the Twin2x2048-6400C5DHX and VS2GBKit667D2 as they both operate at 1.8v.

Yes, you can use the PC6400C4 with the BAD AXE 2. It's the "OTHER" Intel MOBOs that would run with the Twin2x2048-6400C5DHX and VS2GBKit667D2 as they both operate at 1.8v.

Thanks specmike!

Just wanted to make sure before I purchase more of the same ram! ;):

Thanks again for everyone's help!

So... is anyone running the Q6600 with the Bad Axe 2 MB? If so... how's it running?

Is there any other processors in that price range ($300 to $400) that would be a better choice over the Q6600 before I order?

Thanks again!

Jamie

Hey Wired!

I did a search on the TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and what boards support it.

Check out what I found. :D:

Intel BOXD975XBXLKR

Intel BOXDP965LTCK

Intel D915GEV

Intel D915PCY

Intel D946GZAB

Intel D946GZIS

Intel D946GZTS

Intel D975XBX2

Intel DG33TL

Here's a pic.

http://stashbox.org/50708/1071013195156-My-Desktop.png

Seems like it does support the Bad Axe motherboard after all!

If I'm mistaken... please let me know!

Thanks,

You first posted D975XBX, not D975XBX2, so that's what I searched on :)

• 3 weeks later...

i have a problem ... i'm using TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX on my d975xbx2 with intell q6600 cpu ............ and when i try memtest86 ... they give me error ... is there a specifict test i should run ??

because when i boot up with cd memtest86 ... the program run by itself .. and then it' flash and give me error .... could it be my mother board or cpu problem ??? i have try with 4 other set of mem from different company and they all have problem .... yesterday when i read this forum and so went out to buy corsair .. no luck ..

please help ....

do i need to raise the voltage or change the stepping ???

I would try and set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts and if you still get errors please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

thankssss so much RAM GUY ... problem fix

the core of the problem is that i download the memtest86 from memtest86.com .. their version is 3.4 .... BADDDDDDDDDDDDD :mad:

and when i download from memtest.org ... version is 1.7 .... WORK GREAT :D:...

first i change the voltage to 1.96v .... dhave error on test 4

when i change to 1.92v work great no problem .....

once again thanks .

now i have another question ...

i just order Twin2X4096-6400C5DHX ....

can I run 6 gig on my system ?? i need this because I'm doing alot of encode Video .... so far i had cut my process time from 4-6 hours to 3 .... but one of my friend run only about 1 hour.

what setting will i need to change .... i remember i read some where that i need to change the speed downto 667 ...

anysusgestion or recomendation ????

thankssssss :laughing:

• Corsair Employee
You can try it but with 4 modules installed I would set the memory frequency at run at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts. But you may have Voltage problems from what you posted before. I would suggest checking your PSU as well.

Archived