Corsair Community

K90 and works fine for me in SWTOR

Falaris

Not sure what I am doing different but I wanted to say that my K90 and M90 (Macros) work fine in SWTOR. I have bound a number of the Gkeys without any issue in SWTOR. I have tried both full screen and windowed so that is not the issue. I have disabled UAC (User Access Control) but that is the only thing I can think of that might be tripping up some people trying to make this work.

I have keys bound in game to some combo like Shift-end or Control-PgUp and then bind the Gkey to that and it works fine. I even have used the delays to stack heals for my focus target which I also have bound to a Gkey that automatically sets my companion to the focus.

Now the M90 is a bit different. The extra keys will not be picked up past the normal mouse 1-5 mouse buttons. I can bind other mouse buttons to "Back" to act like mouse key 4 and it works in a browser but will not work in Ventrilo or the game. I have had success though binding a key combo, just like on the K90, and having the key combo work. I have one of the upper mouse button (14 I think) set to do both run speed and personal buff for a quick rebuff during PvP.

I understand the frustration for some, but I do think they will fix these issues and with some driver tweaks and these will be great products. I mainly wanted to post this so people understand that not all hope is lost and they do seem to work just maybe not how you expected them to or something. I have read just about all the complaining posts here and do not see many that have said things are working so I wanted to get one up!

I do agree with the pressure on the mouse buttons making it difficult to actuate without moving the mouse all over trying to push them. But the complaining about the Gkeys being Dome keys is just about a lot whining for nothing. The keys work great and if you gave it a minute to think about the business end of these you understand how it made sense. They used the same frame for both the K90 and K60 then added on the macro Gkeys. Yes they could be mechanical like the others .. but they are not a big deal, get over it. If it is that much of a problem and you did your research you would know that no other keyboard out there has all the features of this one now and even with the dome Gkeys and top row it is WELL worth the cost of it. I guess you can always wait till one comes out if you want.. rather then buying a K90 just so you can complain on something that has little end effect on your gaming in the first place. Complaining just for the sake of hearing yourself type is pretty childish in the first place and will get you nowhere.

I am willing to answer any questions if it would help others get their setup working. I am running Win7 x64 on a pretty decent gaming computer but more specific questions feel free to ask. I will ignore any complaints about this post as I have said all I want to on the issue of the haters but will do my best to help those that ask legitimate questions.

-Fal

well then i still must be doing something wrong, because i have i think 5 Shift+# binds in SWTOR and have binded the Macros of those to the mouse and still nothing. I'll try again, but i'm no computer wiz, although i can usually figure things out with a little trial and error, but no dice this time.

You can test to see if the mouse binds work first. just bring up notepad and hit em. If they do what they are bound for then I am suspect that UAC is not off correctly. Make sure you reboot when you make changes to UAC. Do something that requires admin and see if you have a popup. For example right click on My Computer and go to Manage if it makes you hit something in order to do it then your UAC is not off.

-Fal

Archived