Corsair Community

850AX Won't start some times

Williamk1983

As the title says the 850AX psu will not power on at all. If my computer crashes, I will have to unplug it from the surge protector, for 10-15min before it will power on again. I have done the paper clip fan test when it wouldn't restart, and it did spin a hooked up fan, but when plugged back in it still wouldn't restart the computer. Trying to figure out if it is the PSU or something else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Only if your pc crashes?

Read my posts here, it might help:http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139893

Also try starting up the psu using the paper clip instead of the power switch. Making contact with the paper clip might show the psu doesn't start up every single time. If it always starts using the paper clip it also might be the motherboard causing this, especially if it only happens after a crash.

• Corsair Employee

If the PC is crashing and won't start back up, but the PSU will start up with a paperclip, I don't think you're looking at a PSU problem.

Try to figure out why it's crashing in the first place. If it's something like an overheated CPU or GPU, then the PC isn't going to start back up until whatever part cools back down. Worst case scenario is the VRMs on the motherboard are overheating.

How is your case ventilation?

I tried to start it this morning before work, and it wouldn't start (4:30am).Cold boot, proper shut down the night before. When I got home I tried it again and it still wouldn't start. unplugged the 24pin connector and did the paper clip test, spun up all the case fans and the H 100i, plugged the 24pin back into the mother board and computer fired right up. When it first crashed I was over clocking the GPU, didn't up the voltage from stock. As for ventilation the H100i is pulling air into the case from the front and one Phanteks PH-F140HP pulling air in from the bottom all filtered. Then 2 of the Phanteks PH-F140HP venting out the side and back. And two Fractal Design 140mm fans venting out the top. they came with the case.

Archived