Corsair Community

H80i v2 - Replacing the fans

Nemitx

Hi !

I got the H80i v2 but the fans are too loud and and want to change it. I am probably going to buy the SP120 quiet edition.

To be able to control the fans using the corsair link software do I need to buy the SP120 PWM or I can also control the normal SP120 with Corsair link software ?

Before making a decision, I would set the fans to Quiet Mode in Corsair Link. This will limit their max speed to approximately 1400 rpm, the same as the limit on the Quiet Edition SP120. If the problem is loudness, then this should resolve the issue. If you are still unhappy at that setting, then the problem is likely the signature tone of the fans and switching to QE fans won't make any difference. You could then look at a different style of 120mm fan. On a push-pull H80, you don't need to be so picky about fan specifications. You can get away with a hybrid style blade that makes less noise.

c-attack Thank you for the reply. But anyway, If I had to change the fans for any reason, to be able to control the Fans using the software Corsair Link I would have to buy the PMW edition or I can also control the 3 pin fans using corsair link software ?

Archived