Corsair Community

Can I disable all Corsair services or uninstall iCue if I'm only using Corsair One?

eric418

I'm using the Corsair One as a workstation and it is the only Corsair product used. There are no Corsair headset/RAM/USB devices etc.

I'm using iCue for only one purpose, to set a custom top-fan fixed speed. I don't use the dashboard nor any features in iCue. I don't really need the custom RGB either.

So I did some researches about "Corsair Service", "Corsair LLA Service", "Corsair Gaming Audio Config Service" and it seems I can disable all of them without affecting my Corsair One.

Can anyone from Corsair team confirms that Corsair One can work as usual and safely without these 3 services? What do each of these services actually do?

And what if I uninstall iCue completely? Can Corsair One work without iCue? I mean it will still control the pump speed and fan speed based on temperature?

Due to bugs in iCUE turning my fan completely off, I removed all corsair services from my machine. On top of that the lighting kept disconnecting due to a bug that has been plaguing X570 users for years. Thread

Support told me there were going to look into the fan bug, but then ghosted me.

The fan then defaulted to a hardware profile that was decently quiet. Still though, I moved the fan to the CPU fan header and set it to 100% (Since I can't control it based on loop temp)

I could've set the fan to 100% in iCUE, but considering the bugs and how useless it is as monitoring software, why waste the 2-5% in constant CPU Usage?

Edited by Azureblood2

I'm using the Intel version i145s and everything is working perfectly fine, both the fan control and lighting. No issue whatsoever at all.

iCue is working fine and it is using around 1% CPU in total only which is fine for me. I guess because I'm not using any other Corsair products, nor using SDK/plugins, so it uses less resource for just Corsair One.

Although it is not really necessary, I use iCue to maintain the fan at 50% as I like keeping everything cool (especially the SSD/HDD) and there is virtually no noise at all for ~1000RPM anyway. And I use the "Temperature" light effect.

My old computer had the USB disconnect issue with an h115i Platinum RGB as well. This has been a consistent issue with the X570 platform and corsair lighting / fan products.

iCUE as a monitoring program is utterly useless. It doesn't label any of it's graphs and it is constantly re-scaling the graphs. With the CorsairOne a100 you cannot add new fan profiles. You get Fixed %, Extreme (100%), and Default (bugged on X570). The only lighting profile I want to use is the temp one, but iCUE consistently sends a reboot signal to the lighting controller... which causes the disconnect / reconnect sound.

Its not just the iCUE program, its also the related services as well that add up to the 2-5% load. The way I see it, why would I waste ANY CPU / Memory resources on this application if I can't use the lighting modes and have the fan at a fixed %?

This is why I just connected the fan to the CPU header and set a Fixed speed in the BIOS. I trust the BIOS a lot more than I trust Corsair to write / support their software / products (which is saying a lot because the BIOS manufacturers aren't much better).