Corsair Community

jpaul10

Im installing an H100i Platinum SE on a ASUS ROG STRIX 550-B Motherboard. The connectors have me a bit confused. The fan connections seem to make sense, but the pump connections arent very intuitive. The pump power connection plug was nowhere on the motherboard. I assumed it connected directy to my power source and it made a good connection there, but the pump power connector that goes to the AIO header on the motherboard has me stumped. Its a three pronged plug. All the fan headers are 4! Do i simply attach it via a mismatched 3/4 connection or am I missing something? is there somewhere else that connects that Im not looking?

Thanks for the assist, obviously Im a bit new.

The fan connector from the pump head (with a single wire) should go on the CPU Fan Header on the motherboard, not the AIO Pump Header (as detailed in the installation manual). This is there only to provide a fan signal to the motherboard so that you don't get a CPU Fan warning. And 3-pin fan connectors will go onto 4-pin fan headers just fine.

Thanks for that. I missed the difference between the CPU Fan Header, CHA Fan Headers and the AIO Header completely. Found the 4-pin CPU fan header on the other side of the board. The pump power cable labelled "SATA POWER" connects directly to my RM750x power supply via the SATA cable provided with the power supply?