Corsair Community

H100i LED Sotware Issue W/ Switching Profiles + Device Icon Duplication

Shadow_Broker

I have a number of issues with the H100i CorsairLINK software. The latest software version is installed. All previous versions were deleted before re-installation. I've had this product for over a year with the same problems since day one.

Problem #1

Background: My user defined profiles are configured so that the H100i LED is placed on the CPU temperature group, and the H100i LED "LED Mode" set to Temperature using a three different colour assigned scale. Each profile has different fans speeds assigned.

Issue: When switching user created profiles using the drop down menu at the bottom left of the software window, the LED indicator light always defaults to colour assigned at the high end of "Temperature" scale. To get the H100i LED to properly reflect the real time temperature of my CPU, I have to click on the "H100i LED" icon every time, which launches its configuration tab. This is annoying as I often change profiles based on my computer use.

Problem #2

Background: Same as the Background from Problem #1

Issue: While CorsairLINK is minimised to the Windows Icon Tray of the Windows Task Bar, right clicking on the Corsair Link icon, selecting "User Profile", and left clicking one of the profiles I have created, does not result in Corsair Link executing that User Profile, despite a visual "check mark" beside the profile.

Problem #3

Background: I have four different user created profiles with a specific arrangement of "device" icons under the "system" tab.

Issue: While CorsairLINK is minimized to the Windows Icon Tray of the Windows Task Bar, right clicking on the Corsair Link icon, selecting either "Quiet Mode" or "Balanced Mode" or "Performance Mode" results in the duplication of each "device" icon in the "system" tab for the four different user defined profiles I have created. There are also duplicate "Groups" for each device under the "Groups" tab in addition to duplicate device icons for said devices in that tab as well. The weird thing is that every duplicate, whether it be an icon or group, fails to display any real time temperature or load data (every duplicate icon and group reads 0 C/%). Additionally, after deleting all duplicate "devices" in the "System" tab, there is still a duplicate group for CPU load under the "Groups" tab. This duplicate group reads 0 %.

My computer is runs perfect and these issues are very much so cosmetic in performance, but I would like to know if this is a software issue others are experiencing and if there is a fix I can implement.

Any technical advice is greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
I have a number of issues with the H100i CorsairLINK software. The latest software version is installed. All previous versions were deleted before re-installation. I've had this product for over a year with the same problems since day one.

Problem #1

Background: My user defined profiles are configured so that the H100i LED is placed on the CPU temperature group, and the H100i LED "LED Mode" set to Temperature using a three different colour assigned scale. Each profile has different fans speeds assigned.

Issue: When switching user created profiles using the drop down menu at the bottom left of the software window, the LED indicator light always defaults to colour assigned at the high end of "Temperature" scale. To get the H100i LED to properly reflect the real time temperature of my CPU, I have to click on the "H100i LED" icon every time, which launches its configuration tab. This is annoying as I often change profiles based on my computer use.

Problem #2

Background: Same as the Background from Problem #1

Issue: While CorsairLINK is minimised to the Windows Icon Tray of the Windows Task Bar, right clicking on the Corsair Link icon, selecting "User Profile", and left clicking one of the profiles I have created, does not result in Corsair Link executing that User Profile, despite a visual "check mark" beside the profile.

Problem #3

Background: I have four different user created profiles with a specific arrangement of "device" icons under the "system" tab.

Issue: While CorsairLINK is minimized to the Windows Icon Tray of the Windows Task Bar, right clicking on the Corsair Link icon, selecting either "Quiet Mode" or "Balanced Mode" or "Performance Mode" results in the duplication of each "device" icon in the "system" tab for the four different user defined profiles I have created. There are also duplicate "Groups" for each device under the "Groups" tab in addition to duplicate device icons for said devices in that tab as well. The weird thing is that every duplicate, whether it be an icon or group, fails to display any real time temperature or load data (every duplicate icon and group reads 0 C/%). Additionally, after deleting all duplicate "devices" in the "System" tab, there is still a duplicate group for CPU load under the "Groups" tab. This duplicate group reads 0 %.

My computer is runs perfect and these issues are very much so cosmetic in performance, but I would like to know if this is a software issue others are experiencing and if there is a fix I can implement.

Any technical advice is greatly appreciated.

I honestly stopped using the right-click tray menu with Link. I'd expect a lot of these cosmetic issues to cease existing with Corsair Link 4, which is not too far off.

Thank you for responding Corsair Dustin.

I do hope that Corsair fixes these software bugs. They are more so annoying than a performance issue, but non-the-less unwelcome. How did they get overlooked during software testing?

For anyone who may be reading this thread, like Corsair Dustin, I too have stopped using the right-click icon tray function of CorsairLINK to avoid device icon and group duplication in my user profiles. It's not a software fix, but it will save you the hassle of having to delete all the duplicates every time you open CorsairLINK.

Archived