Corsair Community

Virtuoso RGB - no sound in right ear.

Hello everyone,

I am new to corsair audio products, that is my first wireless headset.

So i received headset today, after I plugged it to my PC via USB mode, i found out that right ear doesn't play sound at all. I have checked all settings- all fine. Tried 3.5 & wireless modes - same, not working. I plugged my sennheiser all good, can hear in both ears.

Any tips where shall i look to? or its 100% just broken headset that needs to be returned? Thank you in advance ;):

P.S. tried with iphone - same :(

Edited by dav461
  • Confused 1

• Corsair Employee

Sounds like you might have received a defective you since you tried multiple devices and connections. What I'd like you to do is submit a request direct with us so we can get the unit back. After you submit the ticket, go ahead and PM me the ticket number so I can work with Technical Support to get the unit shipped back.

https://support.corsair.com/

Sounds like you might have received a defective you since you tried multiple devices and connections. What I'd like you to do is submit a request direct with us so we can get the unit back. After you submit the ticket, go ahead and PM me the ticket number so I can work with Technical Support to get the unit shipped back.

https://support.corsair.com/

Greetings Nick,

It is a bit different. I bought them in German online shop and they were delivered to my friend in Berlin, he then brought them to me to Russia. Now, I am confused how to ship and return them. I found out that there are no Corsair Service Centers in Russia. I would appreciate any tips you give to me please.

Shall I still do the way you told me? It is my first time returning items in whole life :bigeyes:

@dav461

Your situation may be different, but as a suggestion, I had a brief instance where the Virtuoso was only playing sound out of one side in USB mode. I switched it to wireless mode and it then started working properly. After that, I switch it back to USB mode and both sides then worked.

• Corsair Employee
No worries, go ahead and create the ticket, and send it to me. I already talked with one of our Tech Support agents about your situation, and he'll discuss options with you in your ticket. They are more familiar with our shipping and exchange policies for your unique situation.

@dav461

Your situation may be different, but as a suggestion, I had a brief instance where the Virtuoso was only playing sound out of one side in USB mode. I switched it to wireless mode and it then started working properly. After that, I switch it back to USB mode and both sides then worked.

I tried all modes, all same, even with mobile device

No worries, go ahead and create the ticket, and send it to me. I already talked with one of our Tech Support agents about your situation, and he'll discuss options with you in your ticket. They are more familiar with our shipping and exchange policies for your unique situation.

Nick I have messaged you number :nodding:

• 7 months later...

Hi, I have the same issue with my Virtuoso RGB... I just bought them 3 days ago and there's no sound on the right side.

I've tried to connect them with USB, 3.5mm cable and wireless in multiple devices, but the result is the same. Is this a factory defect?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for waking up an old thread, but i just wanted to say that i received my Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headset today and i had the same issue with you guys, i am going to talk to amazon from whom i bought it and see what the deal going to be, this is really made me sad i was so excited

I have been getting issues with my virtuoso's too, AND my corsair st100's

after all the experimenting ive come to conlude that corsair audio drivers have problems or are corrupt

windows device manager takes both the virtuoso and the st100's as "other" devices, not as sound devices

when clicking on "controller details" it says "The archives of the controllers are not needed or they have already been loaded for this device"

and when clicking on "update controller" it says it found a controller but "there was an error when trying to install them" with the error desc as "unvalid data"

the same story with the st100

i have rebooted, updated, downgraded, force updated devices, hard shut downs, uninstalled icue and installed again, installed beta versions of icue, etc.

icue does detect the headset and stand, it does control its RGB, i can play with all settings and the virtuoso does emit sound (bee boop when its on)

or maybe even the audio drivers of MY LAPTOP (Lenovo Thinkpad E480 with RX550) have problems or are corrupt

the earliest thing i have done before this issue started was installing dolby atmos to use it on my headset, updating to icue 3.29.11 and force updating firmware of the devices

the sound (3.5mm jack) of the st100 was not working before the virtuoso stopped working

perhaps i should update the audio drivers of my laptop but i dont know where to get them from

• 1 month later...
Like many others on this thread I connected the usb dongle and only my left ear was outputting audio. After attaching the detachable mic it fixed the right ear for about 30-40 minutes. After that it went back to only the left ear working and I am worried since I purchased them from micro center, and due to covid they aren't accepting returns or exchanges and now i feel i am out 260$ with no hope of getting a new product or fixing this one

• 3 months later...

For those that are still having this issue, I fixed mine after doing many standard "quick fixes" that didn't seem to work. (but always check the balance of your headset in windows settings is set to the same number for both right and left ears.

How I managed to fix it:

-Unplug Wireless Dongle.

-Connect USB Wired Cable (Charging cable).

-Switch headset over to USB wired only mode using switch on right ear piece.

-Open ICUE Software.

-Whilst Dongle is removed and USB cable plugged in (FYI IT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU HAVEN'T REMOVED THE WIRELESS DONGLE, sorry for caps but this annoyed me when I initially incorrectly excluded firmware update as issue).

-Click Settings up the top of the on the main ICUE software screen and select the headset icon.

-Click update (even if you have current software, click update then click "force Update") It might require you to restart PC.

-Once updated and PC reset (if required) your sound should be fixed.

-Reconnect Wireless dongle and click headset back over to wireless mode on ear piece.

I hope this helps anyone who's having trouble, Unsure why the forced update doesn't fix the issue whist Wireless dongle is connected *shrug*

Much love, Happy gaming!

• 5 months later...
For those that are still having this issue, I fixed mine after doing many standard "quick fixes" that didn't seem to work. (but always check the balance of your headset in windows settings is set to the same number for both right and left ears....

THANK YOU

i was having big issues with the audio quality and this fixed them completely. Everything sounds clear now.