Corsair Community

Combatmedic68w

Hello,

I recently built a new system and decided to pair my new i7-7700k with corsair's largest cooler the h115i. However since I've built it, I've been idling around 35-45 degrees C and 60-70 C under load. I know my ambient temps are pretty high around 25-30 C so that may be a contributor. Although I was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions as to why my temps are high or if this is normal for this cooler. Also if they would like to share their temps with the h115i that would be pretty awesome. Currently my settings are on balanced (probably doesn't matter) and my CPU is not overclocked. I am also sure my screws are on tight enough and the cooler is set properly.

http://imgur.com/a/yNiFE

Hello,

I recently built a new system and decided to pair my new i7-7700k with corsair's largest cooler the h115i. However since I've built it, I've been idling around 35-45 degrees C and 60-70 C under load. I know my ambient temps are pretty high around 25-30 C so that may be a contributor. Although I was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions as to why my temps are high or if this is normal for this cooler. Also if they would like to share their temps with the h115i that would be pretty awesome. Currently my settings are on balanced (probably doesn't matter) and my CPU is not overclocked. I am also sure my screws are on tight enough and the cooler is set properly.

http://tinypic.com/r/e0jz0w/9

When I finish my build I will post my temps for you here. Although I am using a Asus Formula MB with Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gpu mounted inside of a Thermaltake Cube Core X5. I am using the 270 chip set and the Intel i7-7700K with a Corsair H115i. I am awaiting one more part and will be getting that ordered hopefully tomorrow and then I will be up and running

I do have some questions.

Do you have adequate air flow into your case? IE the Be Quiet comes stock I do believe with either 3, 120mm fans front mounted or 2, 140mm front mounted. One rear 140mm fan. with a fan speed selector at the front to silence the fans. Basical slow then down so they are quiet.

Did you mount your radiator at the top exhausting out of the case or drawing air in? Or did you front mount?

Did you keep the OEM fans on the radiator?

There are several articles that state the Intel i7-7700k does run on the hot side. But the H115i is a 280mm rad and should provide plenty of cooling.

Also how is the H115i set up in the bios ? is cpu fan set to max?

When I finish my build I will post my temps for you here. Although I am using a Asus Formula MB with Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gpu mounted inside of a Thermaltake Cube Core X5. I am using the 270 chip set and the Intel i7-7700K with a Corsair H115i. I am awaiting one more part and will be getting that ordered hopefully tomorrow and then I will be up and running

I do have some questions.

Do you have adequate air flow into your case? IE the Be Quiet comes stock I do believe with either 3, 120mm fans front mounted or 2, 140mm front mounted. One rear 140mm fan. with a fan speed selector at the front to silence the fans. Basical slow then down so they are quiet.

Did you mount your radiator at the top exhausting out of the case or drawing air in? Or did you front mount?

Did you keep the OEM fans on the radiator?

There are several articles that state the Intel i7-7700k does run on the hot side. But the H115i is a 280mm rad and should provide plenty of cooling.

Also how is the H115i set up in the bios ? is cpu fan set to max?

Okay awesome, you will have to let me know how your build goes!! I currently have the OEM case fans 2 140mm front mounted and one rear 140mm fan all at full speed. Yes I still have the OEM fans, might change those I don't know yet though. I have the radiator mounted up top exhausting air out of the case. As far as BIOS goes I'm going to have to check and get back to you on that, I know I have the settings on balanced in corsair link, however I have used performance before and I get 2-3 c difference.

Archived