The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 12:50 AM

POST ID # = 940885
Waterman Reputation: 10
Default K63 Poor Battery Life?

I was shocked when my K63 run out of battery. I just got this Corsair One and K63 keyboard like 2 days ago. When I open the new K63, I make sure I fully charge it.

I just can't believe that I have to charge it for 2 hours again, this is turning a wireless keyboard into a wired keyboard?

My Apple Wireless Keyboard can last for weeks.

May someone explain?

Last edited by Waterman; 02-16-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:50 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 940893
Technobeard Reputation: 68

How are you using it?

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/k63-wir...erry-mx-red-na
Quote:
Battery Life
Up to 15 hours at normal brightness, 25 hours at low brightness, and 75 hours without backlighting

Old 02-16-2018, 05:15 AM

POST ID # = 940898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
I used it at normal brightness, I will be starting to turn off the light. It does not feel right to keep charging it every other day, I never need to do this for the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I believe the other reason why the keyboard battery die so fast is that the keyboard does not automatically turn off when I turn off my computer. I have to manually turn it off myself.

I don't quite understand, Apple keyboard is cheaper, but it knows how to automatically shut down, why is this feature not built into this keyboard? It helps to conserve energy.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 PM

POST ID # = 940975
haszek Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
I used it at normal brightness, I will be starting to turn off the light. It does not feel right to keep charging it every other day, I never need to do this for the Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I believe the other reason why the keyboard battery die so fast is that the keyboard does not automatically turn off when I turn off my computer. I have to manually turn it off myself.

I don't quite understand, Apple keyboard is cheaper, but it knows how to automatically shut down, why is this feature not built into this keyboard? It helps to conserve energy.
I don't understand this as well. I have old wireless logitech keyboard with backlight, it says 10days battery but if I use it every now and then it can last couple of months.

This one looks to be working constantly instead of going into sleep, corsair also confirmed that you have to switch it off if you're not using it lol. Very basic wireless technology seem like it.

Old 02-16-2018, 03:13 PM

POST ID # = 940985

Quote:
Originally Posted by haszek View Post
I don't understand this as well. I have old wireless logitech keyboard with backlight, it says 10days battery but if I use it every now and then it can last couple of months.

This one looks to be working constantly instead of going into sleep, corsair also confirmed that you have to switch it off if you're not using it lol. Very basic wireless technology seem like it.
This is what making me having some kind buyer remorse for the keyboard. If this keyboard is only like $50, I guess I am fine with it. But this keyboard cost $109 without tax. ...and I am questioning what is so special in this keyboard that make it costs so much?

Old 02-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 941027
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Regarding sleep/hibernation and battery life, both products feature a power switch and are meant to be turned off when not in-use for long periods of time. They do have states to conserve power, but they are also complex, robust, and responsive high-performance devices akin to their wired counter-parts.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:10 PM

POST ID # = 941811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Regarding sleep/hibernation and battery life, both products feature a power switch and are meant to be turned off when not in-use for long periods of time. They do have states to conserve power, but they are also complex, robust, and responsive high-performance devices akin to their wired counter-parts.
I tested it again, this time without the blue light on at all time. I also remind myself to turn the mechanical switch off when not in used. It is always off when my computer is off.

It is rather disappointing still, the battery can only last for 4 days, on day 5 (today), the red light blinks, and I have to put the USB wire back again.

It has been more than an hour already and the keyboard is still not fully charged. This is increasingly becoming a wired keyboard. I wanted a wireless keyboard to get rid of wire-clutters on my desk.

Why is the Logitech G613 able to last 18 months and this can only last for days?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:31 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 941839
Corsair Michael Reputation: 10

First I'd like to say if the battery performance isn't achieving the stated numbers, please contact support.

Regarding the products mentioned in the previous post, I'd use an apples and oranges analogy where both are round and grow on tree's, but their appearance and internals are noticeably different.

On the K63 Wireless we have a powerful MCU (relative to product level), 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover, a different battery circuit design allowing for USB charging (as well as USB connectivity), and a lighting controller to drive the blue LED backlighting among other things. We suggest, like other devices with power switches, that it be turned off when idle for long periods as we've packed a lot into this little keyboard.

That all being said we're always looking to action our customers feedback and well noted on idle power consumption which we've passed along to the team, thank you.

Last edited by Corsair Michael; 02-22-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Josey Wales's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941844
Josey Wales Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
If this is true why do the lights on my K63 turn off randomly. Are you saying that this is a feature? I know I can turn them off with the button or dim them but when they turn off in the middle of using it, it annoys me.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:36 PM

POST ID # = 941846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Michael View Post
First I'd like to say if the battery performance isn't achieving the stated numbers, please contact support.

Regarding the products mentioned in the previous post, I'd use an apples and oranges analogy where both are round and grow on tree's, but their appearance and internals are noticeably different.

On the K63 Wireless we have a powerful MCU (relative to product level), 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover, a different battery circuit design allowing for USB charging (as well as USB connectivity), and a lighting controller to drive the blue LED backlighting among other things. We suggest, like other devices with power switches, that it be turned off when idle for long periods as we've packed a lot into this little keyboard.

That all being said we're always looking to action our customers feedback and well noted on idle power consumption which we've passed along to the team, thank you.
Thank you for into it seriously.

I have been using the USB though my monitor to charge the keyboard, it has been more than 4 hours already, the red light is still on? that means it is not fully charged right? is that normal? what is the official time to fully charge it?

Old 02-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 941850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
Thank you for into it seriously.

I have been using the USB though my monitor to charge the keyboard, it has been more than 4 hours already, the red light is still on? that means it is not fully charged right? is that normal? what is the official time to fully charge it?
That is not normal behavior, try using a different port directly from your PC. Plugged into the required USB 3.0 port, it will charge in 3-4 hours depending on usage and current charge level.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:09 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 941851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
If this is true why do the lights on my K63 turn off randomly. Are you saying that this is a feature? I know I can turn them off with the button or dim them but when they turn off in the middle of using it, it annoys me.
The lighting has a timeout of 15 minutes when idle by default and can be adjusted in CUE.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:04 PM

POST ID # = 941855

Quote:
That is not normal behavior, try using a different port directly from your PC. Plugged into the required USB 3.0 port, it will charge in 3-4 hours depending on usage and current charge level.
It is plugged into a USB 3 port, the same place I used it to charge the keyboard for the very first time. The red light is still on now...that means not fully charged..it is 5 hours already.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:44 AM

POST ID # = 941868
haszek Reputation: 10

Quote:

You guys keep saying that standby mode is very advanced, no ghosting etc etc....surely if keyboard is not used those functions don't matter. This is the only product on the market that is said to have sleep mode and yet maximum use time is 75hrs and maximum time when it's not used is 75hrs.... I'm pretty sure there are more advanced products than just keyboard and they can multiple their operating time when not in use. Thanks for passing the feedback though.

Old 02-23-2018, 02:33 PM

POST ID # = 941949

After a day of plugging it into my USB 3, it still shows that it is still charging and the light is red. Corsair, please tell me what to do?