Corsair Community

SF600 Platinum Availability

Rex_Ready

Hey all, has there been any word from Corsair whether they expect long-term production and supply interruptions due to Coronavirus?

I'm building an ITX case and the SF600 Platinum is out of stock everywhere. Are there any new units being manufactured, or is everything shut down?

Is there an estimated time for restocking? I am trying to complete a build and just need the power supply. Are we talking days, weeks or months so I can either wait or plan for an alternative?

thanks!

Is there an estimated time for restocking? I am trying to complete a build and just need the power supply. Are we talking days, weeks or months so I can either wait or plan for an alternative?

thanks!

While I can't speak definitively for Corsair, I think it's pretty safe to say that no one really knows right now. The PSUs are made in China. Shipping from China is at a near standstill right now. And, as it is spreading around the world, other countries are also coming to a standstill. And I don't think that anyone can tell you how long this is going to go on. But you can expect to see more shortages of items - not just Corsair but across the board.

Thanks for the quick response.

Still trying to go with a Corsair PS. I found one available, but from the UK. So if I purchase that for US does it have a proper cable for US plugs as well? If not can I just by a regular US power supply cable and plug it in and it will work properly with correct voltage etc? Would I still get proper warranty through Corsair if needed?

A UK purchased unit almost certainly won't have the US cord, but you should be able to swap in a standard US IEC cord. I can't speak to warranty, but my *guess* is the PSU should be covered if the cord to the wall is the only bit you swapped, but if others say different then go with them - just my guessing out loud.

For peace of mind, when buying anything electrical for Australia I always go to an Australian store. Its just easier that way. YMMV :-)