Corsair Community

K57 not registering key presses properly

Pandash

Hi guys! I got a K57 at the beginning of the month, and I'm having some problems. Basically, I type really fast and the keyboard doesn't seem to be able to keep up with me... If I'm typing the word "from" I get "frm". "Albert" becomes "Alber" etc. I know this sounds mad, like it's in my head, but I've tried 2 other keyboards I had around the house and i don't have the same problems with them. :(:

I went through Corsair tech support and did your usual firmware checks and what not, and I ended up with a replacement keyboard. The replacement arrived today... and I have the exact same issue.

I don't know what else to do, I really love the look of the keyboard and the fact it's wireless, but I use this keyboard for work and I need it to be accurate :(:

Hi Pandash - I am having the exact same issue. I purchased the K57 RGB Wireless a few days ago, and have been seeing constant issues with key strokes being missed by the keyboard.

For example, I play Overwatch which requires frequent strafing, and if I am pressing forward and try to strafe left then quickly right (while still holding forward), most times the second strafe press doesn't register. It leaves me standing completely still until I release all keys and press the strafe key again.

So far - I am not impressed with this keyboard or SlipStream. Hoping the devs would respond soon.:mad:

Hey - so I just did some more testing.... I play with a unique keyboard configuration where Y, U, I and J are my movement keys (Y and I being strafe). I prefer my hand placement there so I can reach more keys with my pinky.

That being said - I just tried training mode in Overwatch and confirmed still have issues with strafe not registering after holding forward, pressing one strafe and then the other strafe. HOWEVER - there is no issue with using W,A,S,D or Q,W,E,S configurations. These keys are not lagging and no keystrokes are missed.

Are Corsair keyboards manufactured so that the common FPS keys have higher polling switches? Never had this issue with any other keyboard before.

UPDATE - loading a video to YouTube.... first two passes are using the Q,W,E,S keys for movement. After firing, I switched to Y,U,I,J movement keys and did same test. Every time I stop strafing left/right or right/left its because the keyboard doesnt register the key press. It continues to recognize the forward movement key press (U) however not the new key press.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by adam22

• 3 weeks later...

Does Corsair even monitor these forums? I have been dealing with this ****ty keyboard for weeks now, and cannot get Corsair to reply with a resolution on either email or forums.

I do not recommend anyone purchase the K57 keyboard!! I am a fan of Corsair but this keyboard is garbage.

I returned the keyboard to Amazon but for what its worth - here is a keyboard test via a website showing the same sequence across varying 3 key combinations, and you can clearly see that the entire middle of the keyboard doesnt work properly.

[ame]

[/ame]

Finally got a response from Corsair - so posting here for those of you that are considering the K57 keyboard....

"Since the K57 keyboard is a membrane keyboard and not mechanical, and has an 8-key selective rollover. Only W,A,S,D and arrow keys will have the rollover while the other keys dont have thats why its causing delays when the keys that dont have rollovers are being pressed."

I would recommend avoiding this keyboard....

After cleaning the keyboard meticulously because I thought I was losing my mind, I'm glad I finally found this thread. This issue is also driving me insane.

For me, I noticed it when I was having a discussion about burgers with someone. For some reason, the r key seems to really, really not want to work after a couple of previous key presses. I can replicate the issue typing "burgers" over and over...

burgers bugers burgers burgers burgers burgers bugers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers

As you can see, it eventually works itself out, but the missed key presses are driving me nts while typing. (I just tried to type "nuts" and it skipped the u.)

I didn't know key rollover was a feature I needed to be aware of. I've been using keyboards for 25+ years from every price range and I've never encountered a problem like this.

For $100, I would expect my key presses to register correctly. I'm really pissed that I'm beyond my Best Buy return period.

Does anyone know if Corsair will let me trade this thing in for something that doesn't have this problem?

• 1 month later...

Quick question... do you guys also have a corsair mouse or other wireless corsair product?

I've found that the keyboard works fine when connected via USB. After extensive troubleshooting I found the only solution was to distance the USB receivers for mouse or keyboard, or to have them at different polling rates. Sad thing is that I didn't have this problem until after the latest firmware update.

I was about to see if my K67 would blend, but I've been using it for hours now with no problems after moving one of the receivers from the back of my PC to the front.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been having the same issue with the keyboard. I've actually had to stop using it, because it was missing keystrokes too frequently in games, which in World of Warcraft at least, was serious impacting my performance.

I'm not even sure if that answer addresses the problem. Doesn't the 8 key rollover this thing has just mean it can't register more than 8 simultaneous key presses or something? I'm not pressing that many keys. It's just straight up missing keystrokes.