Corsair Community

iCUE firmware update bricked my keyboard and mouse!

TheDemoScout

Hello, I have come here to get help for a serious issue.

So on September 11 (yes quite the awful day), I turned on my PC and I saw a notification about a new firmware update for iCUE. So I updated iCUE and it told me to restart my computer, so I did. After restarting, all of my Corsair products stopped working!

I thought, okay, maybe I should fix the firmware, but the thing is, my keyboard and mouse won’t work and I can’t get past my lock screen! I tried plugging in a spare keyboard and mouse, but that doesn’t work either! I tried unplugging and replugging my devices back in too, no success. The closest I’ve gotten was using my Xbox One controller and pressed the Xbox button, which at least brought me to the Enter PIN screen, but of course, I need my keyboard to actually type it.

I really need to use my computer, as this is my only way to comfortably do any work. I have a K55 RGB keyboard, HARPOON RGB mouse, and a HS60 headset.

P.S. I don’t know which version iCUE updated to exactly, that’s why I included the date.

P.P.S. I contacted Corsair support 4 days ago and FINALLY got reached out, and it was great help, but it required me to get passed the lock screen, and of course, I can’t do that.

• Corsair Employee
This sounds like a possible USB issue. This seems more apparent because you're having the same issue even with a second spare keyboard. Try going into your BIOS and disabling a feature called Fast Boot. Having it enabled can cause USB initialization issues when booting rendering devices not detectable.